Jeepers teardrop trailer build.. And give away.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Try Bestway RV repair next to Airgas on 33rd S. and 5th W. I believe . OR. Duane's RV is closer to you (Near Central glass 80th S. & State St.) He's getting me some trim for my hatch .

I went to Bestway, he didn't have any. I'll try Duanes.

Thanks

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
So I had some kind of angle piece in mind for the trim, after talking to Duane today, he sent me after some corner molding at another store. It is not what I had in mind, and cost about twice as much, but it did the job awesome!
IMG_2710.jpgIMG_2711.jpgIMG_3041.jpgIMG_3042.jpg

It was VERY easy to bend, even on the back where we have a tight radius. It really helped the trailer to look 'finished'.

Edit: Hmm the pics don't really do it justice.. It looks much better in person, and with out the odd shadows caught in the photos.

Last edited:

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We didn't get any T edge in time, but I think the rest is about done. I haven't made fenders yet, as I may convince her to buy some larger tires/wheels first. Tonight it delivery night. We have it in the garage ready for a surprise. Stay tuned.

IMG_2731.jpgIMG_2732.jpgIMG_2733.jpgIMG_2734.jpg

Caleb

You did a really nice job on that, I dig it!

I thought those tires were just rollers :D. If you can make it happen, I'd go larger too.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Nice job!

Excellent video! It turned out great

Thanks Guys!
We had a lot of fun making it.

A couple fun notes:
-After we all looked at it for a while, we went back in. She would just start tearing up at random moments.
-After the grandkids opened their presents we sat around talking, until someone finally noticed Grandma was missing. We found her out at in the trailer.
-And best of all, after most people had left, she and I were talking. She told me that just this week she was up in layton and drove into the RV place off the freeway and stared at Tear drop trailers for a while, just wishing that some day she would be able to afford one.

CobraNutt

Outstanding! I love the "fun notes" above! Priceless moments that money can't buy! Well done! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my mystical handheld gizmo.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Outstanding! I love the "fun notes" above! Priceless moments that money can't buy! Well done! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my mystical handheld gizmo.

That's the ossumest thing that has ever ossumed. Well done.

That is awesome. So cool that you could give her something that meant so much. Nice job on the trailer.

Thanks!

We had a lot of fun with the build, and it really is a lot of fun to give something like this.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Cool vid .
My 5.30x12" tires are great and alot stronger than the 4.80x8" . That should give ya some clearance without being too big.
Oh yea. Where did ya pick up the trim ?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
There have been 3 successful nights in the trailer so far. It has been everything she could hope for. I followed it on the freeway for a while last night, and it tracked right behind the vehicle, and did not sway at all. I have not towed it, but was told it is a great towing trailer.
We noticed that the sides are getting ripples in them, quite bad actually. Is this due to expansion of the metal sides? The trailer is not flexing at all, and each of the doors are functioning correctly, indicating that the trailer itself is not having issues.
image.jpg

The trailer is parked under a carport, and has not been any weather at all, so water is not an issue

RogueJeepr

Here!
Yeah. the aluminum expands in the heat. Mine does it a tiny bit . There is also a protective film on white aluminum sheet , it could be that. just pull it off .
If it bugs ya pull the trim off and cut down the sheet a tiny bit (1/16th) to allow for expansion in that area .

So when is the first trip ?