Jeepers teardrop trailer build.. And give away.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We just did a 4 day trip last weekend, and she loved it. She was over tonight cleaning it out and was very happy to have it. The first night was a cold night. She climbed into bed cold, but it warmed up quick and she was fine. The other nights were all perfect.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We have put a lot of good miles on the trailer so far. This season she wants me to actually finish the fenders. Blah.. You give a lady a trailer, and she wants it finished..

I was not happy with the tires that were on it. Waaaay too small. The poor trailer thinks its being towed in the daytona 500 every time it hits I-15. Going up from the 8" to a 12" was what I thought I wanted.. but after looking at 12" tires, they look silly skinny, and not good quality by any means. I was told that 13" wheels don't come in the 4 lug pattern we needed, but a little research showed otherwise.
I called SLtrailer repair in salt lake, and he hooked me up with a nice set of 13" wheels and 175/80 tires.

The tires made a great improvement to the trailer
IMG_6104.JPG

I also added a little shelf inside to hold her 'little buddy' heater:
IMG_6105.JPG

Now it's time to design fenders.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Metalmart has some fenders like that too.

That's funny about the wheels. I was told the same thing and ended up going to bigger 5.13x12" tires through Hendersons.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The fenders I bought for my little offroad trailer were surprisingly cheap at Henderson's.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So I had some kind of angle piece in mind for the trim, after talking to Duane today, he sent me after some corner molding at another store. It is not what I had in mind, and cost about twice as much, but it did the job awesome!
View attachment 96066View attachment 96067View attachment 96068View attachment 96069

It was VERY easy to bend, even on the back where we have a tight radius. It really helped the trailer to look 'finished'.

Edit: Hmm the pics don't really do it justice.. It looks much better in person, and with out the odd shadows caught in the photos.

Does this molding have a name, and where'd you get it?

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

Metalmart has some fenders like that too.

That's funny about the wheels. I was told the same thing and ended up going to bigger 5.13x12" tires through Hendersons.

The fenders I bought for my little offroad trailer were surprisingly cheap at Henderson's.

If you go with a galvanized or aluminum fender you never have to worry about paint chips and rust spots

Thanks guys. I have bought fenders form metal mart before.. I thought that we would make some kind of flat fender that doubled as a small table.. but that will be a lot of work.. so buying fenders is probably the answer.
I like the aluminum idea..