Status
Not open for further replies.

RockChucker

Not sure if you’ve thought about fuel system at all…I’ve come to the conclusion on mine that if my custom aluminum tank cracks or fails, I’ll be replacing it with a goatbuilt XLPE rotomolded fuel cell. They are pretty good bang for the buck IMO. And 18 gallons is a pretty good amount. More than enough for a full day of wheelin.

Linky

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Not sure if you’ve thought about fuel system at all…I’ve come to the conclusion on mine that if my custom aluminum tank cracks or fails, I’ll be replacing it with a goatbuilt XLPE rotomolded fuel cell. They are pretty good bang for the buck IMO. And 18 gallons is a pretty good amount. More than enough for a full day of wheelin.

Linky

I've had that one in mind from the start of the Willys build, I dig that you can drop in a GM sending unit and fuel pump assembly and that it's 18 gallons vs 15. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be using.

RockChucker

I've had that one in mind from the start of the Willys build, I dig that you can drop in a GM sending unit and fuel pump assembly and that it's 18 gallons vs 15. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be using.
Yep totally agree. Granted I did things the harder way on my fuel system with a ctsv pump but easy enough to adapt what I’ve done.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I

Linky
I should probably upgrade to one of those. I'm still rocking the 12 gallon goofy shaped 11 guage tank I stick welded 20 years ago.

Greg

Admin
Almost done!

i-DBfwZvN-X2.jpg

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I was at 108" but with the ORI 4 link party last winter I am now at 112"

So far so good. Still learning how to drive it. Driving down white knuckle on Bronco Safari was day and night different being a little longer. :D

Greg

Admin
I was at 108" but with the ORI 4 link party last winter I am now at 112"

So far so good. Still learning how to drive it. Driving down white knuckle on Bronco Safari was day and night different being a little longer. :D

Wow, 112"! Do you feel the additional WB on big, rocky trails? I'm sure that much WB is great in some situations and not so great in others.

Greg

Admin
Speaking of WB, I set my axles at 112" and it looks pretty good. I think it may be challenging for 21 Road in my back yard, but I can run a little more Nitrogen in the ORI's and gain a little more height when needed.

i-L3Hj8GF-X2.jpg

Tossed the seat into place to get an idea how the cage and back of the tub will look/fit. The seat still needs a little more height. I may pick up some stock seat brackets and see how they work with the PRP's.

i-WpVhqHf-X2.jpg

I also rolled the Atlas under the tub about where it will sit. With it clocked a little, it fits pretty good. As it sits, about 2" hangs down below the frame.... but this is before the 1.25" body lift that's planned. So I think I can get 1" of Atlas hanging under the frame and use a 2" drop skidplate. ORRR.... cut the floor, clock the Atlas horizontally and try pull off a flat belly.

i-npz8x3m-X2.jpg

And.... it's a good thing I'm planning on upgrading the body mounts! :grimacing:

i-wCqtXTN-X2.jpg

While I was at it, I had to swing the LS under the hood.... oh my hell, there is SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!! 😍😍😍

Fitting the LS is going to be easy, this is way better than the Willys. I remember that I ran the factory truck accessory drive on my old TJ, which is huge. There is plenty of room for the radiator and fan, but I will still probably go for a Camaro accessory drive. We will see... lots of things need to happen first.

i-fVrfRCr-X2.jpg

i-3N72zv9-X2.jpg

Pile of parts

Yep, I'm 111" - 112" and love it. Still maneuverable - with the help of a front dig here and there. With the 40" range tires, you just go over what you can't go around... I think JKU/JLUs are around 114".

Greg

Admin
Yep, I'm 111" - 112" and love it. Still maneuverable - with the help of a front dig here and there. With the 40" range tires, you just go over what you can't go around... I think JKU/JLUs are around 114".

Between my old JKU and the new JT, I'm accustomed to a long wheelbase! I think 112" will be pretty good... its longer than my originally planned 108", but it'll climb better!

Status
Not open for further replies.