Just another run of the mill Buggy build

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well here is a small update tons of work has been done and other than assembling the axle this thing is a full roller. I jacked it up to projected ride height, At this point I have a 16" belly height with 5" of uptravel and the 40" tire is still level with the top of my hood in the front. this is the projected track width of 76.5" in the front and 74" in the rear. I bought some used 2.5" air shocks off here the other day and they were advertised as 14" shocks but they were really 16s so they are going to have to come through the hood a ways. shocks are all mounted just not bolted in for this picture. In fact I need to finish mounting my pedals and gusset some motor mounts and then plumb my radiator and this thing is ready to be 100% torn down welded then painted and start going back together for final assembly

Last edited:

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Well here is a small update tons of work has been done and other than assembling the axle this thing is a full roller. I jacked it up to projected ride height, At this point I have a 16" belly height with 5" of uptravel and the 40" tire is still level with the top of my hood in the front. this is the projected track width of 76.5" in the front and 74" in the rear. I bought some used 2.5" air shocks off here the other day and they were advertised as 14" shocks but they were really 16s so they are going to have to come through the hood a ways. shocks are all mounted just not bolted in for this picture. In fact I need to finish mounting my pedals and gusset some motor mounts and then plumb my radiator and this thing is ready to be 100% torn down welded then painted and start going back together for final assembly

I would kind of like to see some more of that mid-60's Chevy II/Nova in the back corner.:D

Mike.

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I back tracked a bit on this build, once I decided to wanted to move the drivetrain over to make more room for my feet, I decided If I had to make new motor mounts I wasnt going to do it for the 4.3. I picked up this 5.3 for my TJ before I sold it and now since it didnt have a home I decided the buggy was a perfect place for it. so here it is.