Just when I thought I was done

eatrocks

was headed out for a road trip Saterday in the V8 powered LJ it was one year to the day and 22k miles since installing the Chevy 5.3 A older guy from Canada thought he need to make the Hwy 6 exit at the last sec. But the old laws that says 2 things cant be in the same place at the same time came in to play

jeep damage SM.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Ouch, really sorry to see that! I hope you and everyone involved came out uninjured!

The damage looks pretty bad, but hopefully it's mostly sheetmetal. What was the old guy driving? It's horrible to see such damage, your LJ was so clean! Hopefully it's not long before you're back in the seat again, driving it like nothing ever happened!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Bummer sorry to hear :( That's a lot of work and effort to put into something just to have that happen hopefully you are treated right by the insurance company.

Warn should use that pic for advertising--your bumper still looks straight :eek:

1995zj

I'm addicted
Damn! That sucks! Hope everyone was alright!

Like Greg asked, what was the old dude driving.....that's a lot of damage! Was the frame still straight as far as you could tell?

eatrocks

I should have said my coworkers came down that day with a trailer and the jeep is back in logan waiting on the adjuster to come by so we can fight over its value. if the frame is damaged its not much. nor is there much done to the tub as the doors still open and shut the same

Corban_White

I hope the cops ruled you without fault (if it all went down like I am envisioning). I hate the mentality that people have that they have to hit their exit no matter which lane they are in. Since there isn't another exit in a mile or so. :rolleyes: Better to cause a wreck then to have to go to the next exit and turn around.:rolleyes:

sixstringsteve

I hope the cops ruled you without fault (if it all went down like I am envisioning). I hate the mentality that people have that they have to hit their exit no matter which lane they are in. Since there isn't another exit in a mile or so. :rolleyes: Better to cause a wreck then to have to go to the next exit and turn around.:rolleyes:

x2, I see this every day.

eatrocks

But on the up side I always wanted a highline kit go up to 35s take out the body lift and drop the lift back to 3 inches or even 2 IF THE ADJUSTER EVER GETS HERE

Bart

That is a true bummer, but glad to hear you're okay. Check the rocker to see if it bulged a bit just under the front of the door. That's pretty common. It doesn't hurt the tub much but might get you more from the insurance. Good luck. Like your idea on the upgrade.

Cherokeester

Make sure you check everything! You would be surprised what can get damaged even if it is far away from the impact point. Once you sign the insurance release, you are on your own for damage. Bummer on the crash, I hope you get up and running soon.

eatrocks

Well the adjuster finally showed last night about 3:30 we went over the LJ Yes there is a slight roll in the left rocker at the front of the door mabe out an 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch. It looks like the flange the fender bolts to on that side is just pushed back nothing that a frame pull wont fix Every thing painted from the doors forward Still no dollar amount but its a guess 8 to 9 k The LJ books at 14400 to 14950 so its wont total thank god