KX125/KDX200 Hybrid Build

jentzschman

So out of my own curiosity (really, lack of knowledge on the Kawasaki line in general) what will you gain using a KX chassis and the KDX motor vs. using a straight KDX? Is the frame better on the KX? If not then it would probably be less work to use the KDX frame and swap on the things from the KX that are better (suspension I would guess, etc)...or maybe I'm way off :D

I have been wondering the same thing.

Cascadia

Undecided
My guess (I don't really know) is with the kx frame it give him a low enough seat height without too short of a wheelbase. But again, that is just my guess.

sixstringsteve

So out of my own curiosity (really, lack of knowledge on the Kawasaki line in general) what will you gain using a KX chassis and the KDX motor vs. using a straight KDX? Is the frame better on the KX? If not then it would probably be less work to use the KDX frame and swap on the things from the KX that are better (suspension I would guess, etc)...or maybe I'm way off :D

A lot of people do just upgrade the weak links of the KDX.

The benefit to a hybrid is:
- 30 lbs lighter
- better suspension (front and rear)
- better handling
- smaller size (albeit with a taller seat height).

I'm guessing it'd be less work to swap forks onto a KDX and send the rear shock out, but it'd still be 30 lbs heavier and handle more like a lazy trail bike instead of a more aggressive MX style bike.

sixstringsteve

I cleaned the garage today while Kyle took my bike apart.

IMG_3015.JPG

IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3038.JPG

sixstringsteve

You're only half done, I need your help putting it back together. :D

I knew you'd enjoy it. And you're one of the few people I can trust to just go to town without me worrying about it. It was fun.

sixstringsteve

If you want more hands helping I am happy to help.

I was going to call you, but I didn't want you to miss your appointment with Brian. I figured that was more important. :)

Besides, Kyle was so fast that if you blinked too many times, you'd miss something important.