KX125/KDX200 Hybrid Build

jentzschman

I was going to call you, but I didn't want you to miss your appointment with Brian. I figured that was more important. :)

Besides, Kyle was so fast that if you blinked too many times, you'd miss something important.

Thanks for thinking of me at least. I am glad I got to meet Brain.

Your builds are great! I love reading them.

sixstringsteve

Trevor, I promise I'll cal you when I start putting it back together.

I'm trying to decide if I'll want to powder coat the frame or spray paint it. I like the idea of sandblasting the old one and powder coating it, but I'm worried the powder coating will get in the threads of the bolt holes and I'll have to tap each one. Thoughts?

I'm wanting a white frame for a similar look to this. I also dig the KLX450 front light:

white 3.jpg

white 1.jpg

white 5.jpg

white 6.jpg

white hybrid 2.jpg

My bike will never be that clean, but it sure is fun to dream.

STAG

On my grind
A good powdercoater will block off all threads. When I powdercoated my black frame he taped off all thread holes. It is a special kind of high temp masking tape. Just make sure they know everything that is not supposed to get coated.

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
Advanced Powdercoating in Lindon, (801) 785-2204

Yes I was happy with it and I'd reccomend them. There were two spots that I forgot to tell him to mask off so I had to take some sandpaper to it to get it to fit again but it's my fault I should have told him to mask there. Whoever you use just accentuate how important it is to mask these spots for you so you don't have much post-cleanup work, I'd assume with any company there will always be a little.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Another frustrating day looking for a kdx220. Someone called me about my wanted ad, saying his dad wants to sell his kdx220. I they to arrange pickup and he is now getting cold feet. I dont get it.

jentzschman

Another frustrating day looking for a kdx220. Someone called me about my wanted ad, saying his dad wants to sell his kdx220. I they to arrange pickup and he is now getting cold feet. I dont get it.

That has to be very frustrating. Sorry steve. Something good will come from this I'm sure. If nothing else its teaching patience. :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

I finally found someone who actually wanted to sell their bike. I picked up a mint 2003 kdx220. Its in amazing shape. I love it.

sixstringsteve

Kyle is trying to get me to ride it as is, but I still want to do the build. This bike is a tractor. A great amount of low end. The 200 has a lot more zip up top, but this is going to be a great motor for me.

sixstringsteve

IMG_20130324_223617_795.jpg

IMG_20130324_231712_762.jpg

D

Deleted member 12904

That bike looks so clean I think I might cry if you tear it apart just for the engine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jentzschman

That is a sweet looking bike. Does it fit you OK? If so them I vote stick with it as well. However, I know you love projects. Either way I'm sure you will be happy.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2