Lame Joke Thread

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
What's the difference between a counterfeit dollar and an anorexic girlfriend,

one is a phony buck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
An electron is driving down road and is pulled over for speeding. The officer asks "sir, do you know how fast you were going?"

"No, but now that you've stopped me I know exactly where I am."

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I cannot recall the properties of electrons, so enlighten me, the caveman.

Electrons exist in a cloud. So, they exist anywhere within that cloud at any given time. They are basically "everywhere" in the cloud. The only way to know where they are is to stop them which can't be done.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I cannot recall the properties of electrons, so enlighten me, the caveman.

If you're ready to go down a rabbit hole, google "quantum uncertainty". To grossly oversimplify it, the act of measuring a quantum particles' position changes it's velocity, and vice versa. This vexes quantum physicists, because they can't ever know exactly where a quantum particle is and exactly how fast it's going at the same time, and it appears that even the quantum particle can't "know" those two things at the same time. This is why most quantum physicists are ill-tempered bald men with ulcers.

Houndoc

If you're ready to go down a rabbit hole, google "quantum uncertainty". To grossly oversimplify it, the act of measuring a quantum particles' position changes it's velocity, and vice versa. This vexes quantum physicists, because they can't ever know exactly where a quantum particle is and exactly how fast it's going at the same time, and it appears that even the quantum particle can't "know" those two things at the same time. This is why most quantum physicists are ill-tempered bald men with ulcers.

That got awfully deep for lame joke thread!

I guess a little education can't hurt us.

ID Bronco

Your asking a guy looking at the "lame joke thread" to google quantum Uncertainty? haha, Thanks everyone for the enlightenment.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have been reading the thesaurus lately, because the mind is a terrible thing to garbage.