Lets see the BRAINS of RME

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Badger said:
what laws of physics would have to break .how can you not grasp the concept of a free spinning wheel and what it does.

jump on a skateboard ontop of a tread mill.now if you don't hold on to the bars you will roll off the back thats a given,but really by this question the belt wouldn't move until you were so.you holding onto the bars on the side is the ammount of thrust it takes to over come the rolling resistence produce by the wheel touching the ground and the bearings in the wheel spinning.so now your arms are said jets(props,rockets no matter) that have the power to say 1/8 of full power to over come this drag.now your arms and hands are holding onto the bars.the bars = ambient air around the plane,your arms are the motors now if you increace forward thrust by pulling forward what happens to you on the skateboard no matter how fast the tread mill is going with you pulling on the bars which way do you travel

the bars are the air your arms are the jets the bars which is the air is not effected by what is happening underneath it hence the jets your arms will pull you forward.

get it i hope so ....

its a trick question that answers itself if you read it correctly.

"On a day with absolutely calm wind, a plane is standing on a runway that can move (some sort of band conveyor). The plane moves in one direction, while the conveyor moves in the opposite direction. The conveyor has a control system that tracks the plane speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor to be exactly the same (but in the opposite direction). Can the airplane ever take off?"

it states the plane can move as well as the plane can speed up .if the plane can't move forward how can the belt track its speed

oh and if you clicked on the link provided earlier you would have seen this was indeed proven.

Yeah - I got it. All I was trying to say was that there is no need to get insulting over it. Some folks think differently than others. The conveyor cannot negate the thrust, but I qualified my statement that it would fly by saying that the conveyor must be long enough to allow the plane to reach a speed which would induce the lift necessary. A rubber band glider needs very little speed to get the lift necessary. A 747 on a conveyor would still need to accelerate (relative to the air) a great distance to achieve flight. Mostly just stirring the pot cause I hate it when a couple people pull the "I am so much smarter than all you idiots" attitude. No need to insult folks.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
dude i haven't insulted anybody get over it .it was a trick question and some people got it wrong not my fault.as for the type of plane and length of runway you are still wrong.it wouldn't take anymore runway then a normal take off for that plain.the belt wouldn't start to move til the plane the ammount of rolling resitence would be no greater then if it was on a normal runway

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Badger said:
dude i haven't insulted anybody get over it .it was a trick question and some people got it wrong not my fault.as for the type of plane and length of runway you are still wrong.it wouldn't take anymore runway then a normal take off for that plain.the belt wouldn't start to move til the plane the ammount of rolling resitence would be no greater then if it was on a normal runway

No--- I did'nt mean you. Nothing to get over, you misread something there. I never said it would take any more runway than normal- I simply stated that the plane would need the same length runway as you have stated.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
crimsonride said:
Chen and Drake have nothing on Francis! :rofl:

Do you have Francis now?

Francis was seriously one of my favorite instructors, I had like 12 classes from the dude. He is frickin' hilarious. He has such a profound way to insult people... "That is a good WRONG answer", "Yugo engineers should kill themselves", I need to go chat with that dude... :D He lives right around the corner from me too, but he said he has a sword he would get out if I came near... :rofl:

Francis told me I should be a Sales Engineer... because he would buy anything I was selling just to get me to shutup, needless to say he gave us an A on the presentation :cool:

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
of course the damn plane will NOT take off, And hell badger, your stupid treadmill example does not cover the guy tripping, and getting sucked in, going round and round like you see in the comics ALL the time .... geeeze

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
Hey, isn't this your thread ... don't you read the darn thing?

what laws of physics would have to break .how can you not grasp the concept of a free spinning wheel and what it does.

jump on a skateboard ontop of a tread mill.now if you don't hold on to the bars you will roll off the back thats a given,but really by this question the belt wouldn't move until you were so.you holding onto the bars on the side is the ammount of thrust it takes to over come the rolling resistence produce by the wheel touching the ground and the bearings in the wheel spinning.so now your arms are said jets(props,rockets no matter) that have the power to say 1/8 of full power to over come this drag.now your arms and hands are holding onto the bars.the bars = ambient air around the plane,your arms are the motors now if you increace forward thrust by pulling forward what happens to you on the skateboard no matter how fast the tread mill is going with you pulling on the bars which way do you travel

the bars are the air your arms are the jets the bars which is the air is not effected by what is happening underneath it hence the jets your arms will pull you forward.

get it i hope so ....

its a trick question that answers itself if you read it correctly.

"On a day with absolutely calm wind, a plane is standing on a runway that can move (some sort of band conveyor). The plane moves in one direction, while the conveyor moves in the opposite direction. The conveyor has a control system that tracks the plane speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor to be exactly the same (but in the opposite direction). Can the airplane ever take off?"

it states the plane can move as well as the plane can speed up .if the plane can't move forward how can the belt track its speed

oh and if you clicked on the link provided earlier you would have seen this was indeed proven.