Lost Samurai build up

crawler12

Thank you all for the compliments. I told you I'd fix the front frame section. To the owner's credit the front shackle mounts were not for the street, just a mock up to move it around.

crawler12

Here's the latest on the project. Today I built the cross bars, spreaders, and cowl bar.
007.jpg
008-1.jpg
011.jpg

crawler12

Today's update, I fabricated a set supports for the rock sliders which also supports and ties the cage to the frame. I tried to find a balance between clearence and strength.
005-2.jpg
012-1.jpg
013-2.jpg

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Lookin really REALLY nice.

Are you going to do anything for support on the front part of the exo? Corners from the stinger back to the front hoop is what I'm referring to, those corners look like they would just push out of the way..
Great looking work so far though.

dan

crawler12

Lookin really REALLY nice.

Are you going to do anything for support on the front part of the exo? Corners from the stinger back to the front hoop is what I'm referring to, those corners look like they would just push out of the way..
Great looking work so far though.

dan
For support there will be a bar across the front of the hood and an angle bar from the corner down to the frame.

Bart

I love the work, it looks great, but during this whole thread I've been wondering, and I know it's personal preference but, why didn't you add any wheel base to it? The rig does look killer.

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
well bart, this is an ongoing project, if you notice the rear is all ready out of the way, the gas tank is moved into the bed, and a four link rear w/ fox air shocks and 9" strech are next but its been down for a couple months and i cant stand it, so the five inch strech in the front will have to do for now, at least till winter, then ill start the next faze, 4 link f&r, propane,compcut front,6 shooter front knuckles, rear disc brakes, seats & 5 point harness, tube doors, maybe more, but funds are low and im going crazy, so until then.

crawler12

Haven't done much on it this weekend with the holliday and starting a new job, but I did get the rear stinger on which will be the base for the tire carrier and rear portion of the exo.
004-2.jpg
006-3.jpg
008-3.jpg