LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
All that power is only good for my clutch!!! I am going to have to re-program it again and see if I can remember what I did to it before I got a little out of hand. It should not take me too long to remember where I had the old settings. This time out I think I had to advance the timing a little and I turned up the fuel pressure quite a bit. The pulse width I don't think I changed at all.

Make no mistake about it I will be driving a wounded beater. Still no tranny or touque converter. I also have a crappy steering set up. I don't think that it will last very long this time out.

LT.
But the point is that you are going to be out there with us having a good time wheeling and spending time with friends!!! You just can't beat that time we spend around the campfire.... and those night wrench sessions... PRICELE$$!! Glad you are going to be there!
As for Cheston.... get that pig running brother!!! I don't want to be the only one there with the monster Pitbulls!! Besides I would like to see that beast in action! From what I hear it is quite the capable monster and I would like to get under it to check out the intricacies!!!

On the topic of Trail selection... I think that we should start out our weekend of wheelin with Hell's Revenge... it is always a good warm-up and has great wheeling combined with great views!! Not too long, not too short and plenty of optional playgrounds if you so choose!! Sound good to anyone else? I would like to see the T-REX in the Escalator anyway!!!!:freak: What do you all think???
Matt

LT.

I am for running any trail that everyone else wants to run. As long as my friends are there and are up for having a good time then I will be there. Corey, you had better get your act together and get your Durango together. I wanna see that beast in action. Cheston will have his rig together. It does not sound like he has a lot to do on it.

LT.

LT.

Only time and money? Kinda sounds like you are working on a GMC. You know God, Money, and Credit? Jeez, that should be easy for you to find the time, you have what, four kids? I mean really, don't they let you have any time for yourself? Just kidding my friend. If nothing else bring it with you and we may be able to help you. I am sure that Stan and Cheston could give you a much needed hand if nothing else.

Catch ya later Bro,
LT.

LT.

Or, maybe, y'all could move here to New Mexico. Good times here. No 3.2 (we have the good stuff here), green chile, Farmington, Las Cruces, low paying jobs, high cost of living, what more could you ask for?!

LT.

casper customs

well atleast yours is on the road I got the tires on mine last night just gotta do the front suspension now

Attachments

• casper customs 211.jpg
    casper customs 211.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 38
  • casper customs 212.jpg
    casper customs 212.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 26
  • casper customs 213.jpg
    casper customs 213.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 77

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Funny.... for having it on the tires and the front suspension put together.... the family doesn't look to enthused about it all.....;) Sweet looking build though!!! I can't wait to see it in person! I am giving great thought to building up my wife's Durango into an "uber-capable" trail rig similiar to that!!!
Looks great!!!
Matt

P.S. Sorry for the thread Jack Rob

LT.

Looks like the wife is saying, "Okay if we just stand here for a few minutes maybe he will just leave us alone for the rest of the day." Or maybe it is, "I can't believe that I am standing next to this FU#**N thing that has taken all our play time and money away from us!" That think is frickin HUGE! I was kinda hoping that I was not going to be the little guy again but, looks like I will still be driving the little fella again this time out. I am still trying to work out a way to get my beater a little bit lower. Maybe an inch or two.

Can't wait for the Moab trip in two weeks. Catch y'all there!

LT.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Unbearable heat?

On the heat issue in New Mexico..... It is hotter here in Utah tha New Mexico. Where Lt. and I are form in Los Alamos, the summer highs average 86 degrees. The monsoon seasons starts in mid July and runs through Sept, wher it drops the temp down to 75ish. Even Albuquerque, which is really dry, averages the 90s in the summer. Down in southern / south west New Mexico, there it is hot, like Arizona, but Noerthern New Mexico is like Colorado.

Here are some pictures of or next to my property in Northern New Mexico....by the way it is for sale, great elk country....8000 ft elevation.....lots of wheelin....

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF0353.jpg
    Copy of DSCF0353.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0650.jpg
    DSCF0650.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0664.jpg
    DSCF0664.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 14

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
You just couldn't let me have that one more bad thing could you?

I hate where I live :(

Well, I live here now too:sick:

No Utah is nice, it is similar, but I miss Trees.....Pine Trees, and high mountains...8000-13000 footers.... WHen I drive up to Snowbird I get homesick cause thats what Los Alamos was kinda like, the smell of pines, fresh clean air, cool air, animals, hippies, liberals running around naked, conservatives shooting at the naked people......wait..:confused:...got alittle carried away there.

sixb

Will work for beer!
You just couldn't let me have that one more bad thing could you?

I hate where I live :(

It could be alot worse Meat, you could be living in Houston, thats were I lived for about 28 years and didn't know any better until I met my wife and started travlin for the first time.

I love Ut.

My grandparents retired in Rio doso NM (sp?) and it is beautiful there to.

I wish I made the money that I made in Texas along with the living expensis in Tx. though.

LT.

Well it is too late to turn back now! I have always wanted a lighter rig so today I got up a little bit early and started to remove useless items like power door locks and power windows. For the life of me I could not get the passanger side window out of the door in one piece. So, what to do? I know, take a five pound sledge hammer and throw it through the window. Presto, no more window in the door. As of now there is still the door release and handle still attached to the door. I will be using some masking tape to mark out the cut lines on the door later this week. Next is the drivers door. I hope that the window in the drivers door proves to be just as much of a pain as the other door. It's Hammer Time!!! Sorry for that I could not resist.

LT.