LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
We definitely need some pictures if you are doing some cutting there LT!!!!!:eek: Anytime you get out the old cutting tools and take them to the Beater it is time for the camera to start snapping!!! Let's see it!!!!
Looking forward to Moab
(if I make it)
Later Bro!!!
Brother Matt!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
We definitely need some pictures if you are doing some cutting there LT!!!!!:eek: Anytime you get out the old cutting tools and take them to the Beater it is time for the camera to start snapping!!! Let's see it!!!!
Looking forward to Moab because thats where I will be in 9 days! NO ACCEPTIONS!!!!:greg:
Later Bro!!!
Brother Matt!

fixed it for ya :)

LT.

Moab......... October 1st............ 1000 hours.......... or I am gonna die trying!!! I will be there with my junk and beating on it till it breaks to bad to continue. I want to try all the things that I am not ready for. Devils gate, escalator, any narrow revine, (you know what I am talking about Stan and Matt), man I love making out with the rocks there, and anything else that will challange me and the beater. You could say that is how I get my rocks off!!!:rofl: Just getting it there should be challanging enough. Tranny does not work well on steep climbs, brakes don't work to well on steep declines, and the steering is more like making suggestions than actuall steering imput. So, let's see what will break!

LT.

LT.

Okay, now the drivers door is gutted and now matches the passangers door. Tools required for window removal are as follows: make sure window is up, throw sledge hammer through said window, follow up with a broom and a dust pan. Someone is saying, "now why........ did you use a sledge hammer?" Because anything worth doing is worth doing well!:rofl: Hopefully tommorow I will get the masking tape out and mark the doors for the new cut lines. I could not take pictures today because the little woman returned the cammera to the in-laws. That is it for today. Gotta hit the showers and get ready for work tonight.

LT.

LT.

In that last picture it looks like something is missing. Not really sure what it could be..... You are ready! Quit screwing around, get the gears in it, bolt the tires on it, and get your happy, narrow behind, to Moab. No more excuses! Turbosniper has the the only excuse that I might entertain accepting. Hurry up already, let's go!!!

Looks good there Casper Customs. I can't wait till we get to wheel togther.

LT.

casper customs

its getting closer but so is moab. it should be sitting on the coilovers tonight and then just got
the front and rear gears and lockers
steering
hydro assist
rear shock mounts
brake lines front and rear
extend front driveline
some minor trimming
etc.
should have it on the trail this weekend:rofl:

LT.

What brand of coil overs did you use? I have been eye balling a set from Fox racing since baja racing is so big out here in the southwest. I really am looking at a set. I took some pictures tonight and flexed what little suspension travel that I do have. I am just a little dissapointed with the lack of travel I have. What I would really like is to have the whole rig sit about 1 inch lower in the rear and two inches in the rear. The front sits about one inch higher in the front that it does in the rear. Damn Dana 60 front perches. And I would like to have about ten inches of compression and eight inches of drop. I did cut a corner of the rear leaf springs off this afternoon because they were making contact with the rear spring shackle mount. I will really have to show you in person so you can get the jist of what I am talking about. These are the ones I have been looking at http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_offroad/coil_offroad_2578rr_l.jpg

Talk to ya' later Bro,
LT.

LT.

Here are the pictures that I took today. If you look at the beater doors you can see that there is no longer any more window or vent windows. I also took pictures of the tow rig and trailer.

Attachments

• Beater 1.jpg
    Beater 1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Beater 3.jpg
    Beater 3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 60
  • Beater 2.jpg
    Beater 2.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Tow rig.jpg
    Tow rig.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Trailer 1.jpg
    Trailer 1.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 24

LT.

No more excuses! Between you and Matt claiming his back is possibly broken I am unsure as to which one of you takes the lamest excuse award. Just kidding. Get it together, wrong spring rates or not. I really cannot be any worse than my junk.

LT.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
the front end was like 12" higher than the back with the coils that he had. No way it would work.

Hopefully the good ones show tomorrow and they are right. Im in I da ho right now so Im helping where I can.

Thanks to my bro........the Scout is more than ready for the trip.

Only a couple more days man!!!!

LT.

So it had a little southern California pre-runner look to it! No big deal. There are people who pay a lot of money to get their rigs to look like that. Just tell them that it is a gender confused low-rider!!!

Catch y'all there!

LT.

LT.

I got back from Moab on Sunday evening and had a blast. I was able to meet some really cool folks that I hope to get the chance to wheel with. Other than a tranny that was on its last legs and a tremendous amount of wheel hop the rig did okay. So, now I need to address the tranny and rear end hop, the rear end is way too stiff. I am looking at four linking the rear end and putting on some Fox Racing coilovers. But, what do I do about the tranny? Do I do a full replacement or, do I take it in and have the stock one rebuilt?

LT.

LT.

I started working on the rear axle again today. I wanted to know why I was loosing so much gear oil out of the rear axle seals. Turns out that the machine shop sent me 7/16 bolts with a 14 pitch. The holes are 1/2 inch with a 13 pitch. Arrrrrrrgh. Well it is now safe to say that I know what the problem is. I went around town trying to find a socket head 1/2 inch bolt that was an 1 1/2" long and no dice. I had to order them and they won't be here until Friday. I have to go back to work on Friday night so I don't think that I will be getting the rear end back together until at least Monday.

LT.