LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

LT.

I took some pictures but they were with my cell phone. I am too computer stupid to figure out how to post them up from my phone. There is some sheet metal in the way of the front tires and that prevents full stuff on the front end. I did manage to pick up the passangers front tire 64" off the ground before the sheet metal got in the way. Not bad but I think there is some room for more. Maybe I can get it close to 6' or more.

LT.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I took some pictures but they were with my cell phone. I am too computer stupid to figure out how to post them up from my phone. There is some sheet metal in the way of the front tires and that prevents full stuff on the front end. I did manage to pick up the passangers front tire 64" off the ground before the sheet metal got in the way. Not bad but I think there is some room for more. Maybe I can get it close to 6' or more.

LT.

I have to email from my phone to my computer email.

LT.

Have you caged it yet? Looks great and killer flex!

The cage.......... yeah well, the cage. The cage that is in it is a six point cage from Jegs. It was supposed to be a ten point that was set up for a pick up truck. It looks okay at best and since I removed the dash it really does not follow very well anymore. I need to pull it out and start over but, first I need to break down and buy a bender and notcher. It is on the to do list I just have not had the spare coin laying around yet.

LT.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hot damn Rob, the Beater is looking great!!

attachment.php

LT.

Anytime brother!!!! And I LOVE what I see!! I am still waiting for the picture of the underside so I can see the new front 4-link ;-)

When it gets out of the shop again I will take those pictures. I really don't want to take pictures when it is really does not look good. I need to do lots of little things.

LT.

LT.

Looks AWESOME. When is the inaugural trip planned?

The first outing will be for the EJS this coming spring. I plan on being there from the Thursday before Easter until the Sunday after Easter. I hope this outing proves to be better than the last outing.

Thanks for all the complements y'all. It eases the pain of building it for as long as it has taken.

LT.

sixb

Will work for beer!
I bought the Rockers after talking to Cheston Beck, Corey Casper, and Canyoncrawler (Chad.) I was eyeballing the Maxxis Creepy Cawlers but after looking at the price tag ($700.00 a piece) and still kind of leaning towards the 42" tires instead of the 40" tires. I was also watching a few videos on Planet 4x4 that showed the Maxxis tires working the same lines as the Pitbulls. The Pitbulls seemed to work in the wet weather a little bit easier. I won't get a chace to run them until Easter Jeep Safari 2010.

LT.

So how tall do these actually measure?? My used 39.5 TSLs measure around 37-38 inches and I'm wondering it the pittbulls are the same as far as actual diameter. Thanks.

Bart

The first outing will be for the EJS this coming spring. I plan on being there from the Thursday before Easter until the Sunday after Easter. I hope this outing proves to be better than the last outing.

LT.

I'm sure this outing will be much better than the last. Looks like we'll miss you guys again at EJS. Bummer.

LT.

So how tall do these actually measure?? My used 39.5 TSLs measure around 37-38 inches and I'm wondering it the pittbulls are the same as far as actual diameter. Thanks.

41.75" tall mounted on my 17X9 Spyder locks.

LT.

I'm sure this outing will be much better than the last. Looks like we'll miss you guys again at EJS. Bummer.

That sucks. When will you be there this next year?

LT.