LT's Wild RamCharger

LT is new to the board, He just joined up. He is from my hometown of Los Alamos NM and we both wheel up here in Utah alot. He is a wild guy. He has been into wheeling along time. He has owned several built to the hilt CHevys, and a few Dodges. Right now he has a 87 Dodge Ramcharger which he calls his beater. The motor is a 360 bored over 0.3. He got real happy with the Sawsall and cut tons of the body off, including the roof, and front and fenders. He has a roll cage that is under fab right now. He now has a dana 60 going in for the front and a Corp 14 for the rear. He has Hydr. steering and a bunch of other stuff. He has new tires, 42 Irocs and beadlock rims.

I let him tell you about it. Here are his pictures:

Attachments

• post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    post-458-1192815070_thumb.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531333_thumb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531413_thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 55
  • post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531439_thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 54
  • post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    post-2784-1200531476_thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Bart

That sucks. When will you be there this next year?

LT.

I'm leading Hell's Revenge again on opening Saturday, so I'll get there on Friday for a pre-run. Probably stay until Monday or Tuesday. Would love to make it back down but that probably won't happen.

sixb

Will work for beer!
The 39.5 Rockers measure about 38.5 in brand new condition.

41.75" tall mounted on my 17X9 Spyder locks.

LT.

LT.

Thanks! The Beater looks great btw!!
Hopefully you get lot's of wheeling in before EJS this time:) There are some killer places to go in your area right?? I've said it before so I'll go ahead and say it again I would live down there in a heart beat if I could make a living, I usually drive to Ruidoso NM to visit my grandparents about twice a year.

LT.

Thanks! The Beater looks great btw!!
Hopefully you get lot's of wheeling in before EJS this time:) There are some killer places to go in your area right?? I've said it before so I'll go ahead and say it again I would live down there in a heart beat if I could make a living, I usually drive to Ruidoso NM to visit my grandparents about twice a year.

Thank you for all the complements. There are a lot of places to wheel around these parts. Las Curces is only about 4 or 5 hours South. Farmington is 3 hours to the North. I live at 7300 feet and there are a lot of mountain roads around here as well.

I don't know how much wheeling I will get in before EJS.:( Seems like life always get in the way.

LT.

LT.

I'm leading Hell's Revenge again on opening Saturday, so I'll get there on Friday for a pre-run. Probably stay until Monday or Tuesday. Would love to make it back down but that probably won't happen.

How far away are you from Moab? I sure wish we could run some more trails together. Watching you drive your rig is increadible. I have never seen a more gifted driver off road before.

LT.

LT.

I just spent about $400.00 with Summit Racing this week. I had to order some heat boots for the plug wires, a bunch of AN fittings, braided steel hydraulic lines, and some other parts as well. I am going to re-do the steering lines and hopefully tie up some more loose ends on the Beater. I found out that with the hydraulic lines that were in the steering ram would snap off if I was at full compression with the suspension. They would snap off on a cross member. I'll post up some pictures when I take some of the new parts in place.

LT.

LT.

Parts are in and all I have had time to do was the steering lines. They look great and I am now worried about keeping them clean. It sucks spending all the time and money on the braided stainless lines just to have them covered in oil and dirt. I do wish I had gone with the black AN fittings instead of the red and blue but, I was really wanting them to stand out a bit.

LT.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey, it's almost Christmas.... I think you choose your colors well, considering the season! :D

Hydro steering is nothing to be cheap on, it may have cost you a good deal of $$, but that's going to be some good peace of mind when you're on the trail.

LT.

Hey, it's almost Christmas.... I think you choose your colors well, considering the season! :D

Hydro steering is nothing to be cheap on, it may have cost you a good deal of $$, but that's going to be some good peace of mind when you're on the trail.

I hope so. I'll see if I can sneak into the shop and take some cell phone pictures. Then I'll see if I can talk one of my brothers to post them up. Being computer stupid sucks.:(

LT.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
send the pic's to your email, right click on the pic and save, then go to photo bucket and down load, copy and past the photo link to here. pic's posted :)

i feel your pain. i just learned how to take them off the camera lol

sixb

Will work for beer!
Being computer stupid sucks.:(

LT.

That's what kids are for:D you'd be surprised what my 4 year old can do on a computer and amazed what my 5 and 6 year old kids can do. Then you need a teenager to keep everything running smoothly for all:cool: seriously.;)

LT.

Okay, I have failed twice now. Let's see if this works.

LT.

Attachments

• 1222001345.jpg
    1222001345.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 1222001346.jpg
    1222001346.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 1222001346a.jpg
    1222001346a.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 27

LT.

Here are some pictures of the additional modifications. The started is wrapped, the plugs have heat shields, the front yoke is now a 1350, the proportioning valve has been removed, brake lines re done, and a few new brackets for the new brake lines are done. I am still trying to figure out the steering linkage on the steering arms, and I am in the process of re doing the breather lines. Last time I ran them too close to the exhaust and I melted them. The front drive line had a Ford 1330 to a 1350 conversion joint before but, now is all 1350 to match the rear drive line.

LT.

Attachments

• 1230001403.jpg
    1230001403.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1230001404.jpg
    1230001404.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1230001405.jpg
    1230001405.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1230001405a.jpg
    1230001405a.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1230001410.jpg
    1230001410.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

LT.

I got the truck home yesterday and I really thought I was done. Funny thing about saying the word "done" when you are a car guy. It really is never done and I did find a few things I really need to take care of. I now have a new problem with the electrical on the truck. For some damn reason I don't have rear tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, or reverse lights. I know I had them last Easter at the Jeep Safari but, I don't now. Since Easter the truck has only been two places and both were shops. So, back to the shop it goes again. I swear, one of these days, the Beater will indeed be "Done".

I did some "Urban Wheeling" but, I can't seem to get the videos to load here.

LT.

Last edited: