Lucas Regional Racing

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
It should all be removed but they have been allowing windshields. Im sure as the classes grow the rules will be followed more strictly? Im guessing. It just causes issues on the track and is dangerous

cjncustoms

what class do I need to be reading up on?

Where is a good source to go to get the gloves/suit/shoes?

Stratton I got most of my stuff from summit racing. I got my suit from UPR racing supply. Make sure you get a neck brace as well. Just a donut will do. As far as your class to be reading up on I'm not sure;) what are you wondering about? Anything specific?

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I am glad I didn't have a windshield in last weekend. I wish I would have been wearing a neck brace (felt that one for a few days after).

Also, don't hesitate to come out because you think you're too slow. The more underpowered rigs out there the more fun it will be!

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
There have been arrangements made with MMP to rent a fire suit if you need as well... I believe John said it was $25 per day. If you do need a suit, just let John Williams or myself know a few days before the race, and you will be good to go. Casey could probably get this lined up for you as well. It beats buying a suit if you decide you are only going to race a few times.

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
what class do I need to be reading up on?

Where is a good source to go to get the gloves/suit/shoes?

My suggestion is to know and understand the following:

Lucas Off Regional Off Road Series Safety Rules:
The aforementioned safety rules will apply to all classes with the exception of karts
And
Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series Open V8 Truck Rules:
The Open V8 Truck Class includes Trophy Truck, Class 8 and other V8 trucks. These trucks will be expected to adhere to division rules according to off road sanctioning bodies recognized by LORORS.
Or
Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series Mini Stock Truck Rules:
The following rules are intended to provide a cost effective, competitve fun entry level off road racing class. It there is not a rule here specifically allowing a madification from stock, it cannot be modified.

All in which can be found here:
http://www.lucasoilregionalutah.com/...ionalRules.pdf

As for Safety Gear:
I got my shoes, gloves and suit from www.k1racegear.com

I can also help you with renting you a fire suit as well

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ There are some decent choices for rally-able XJ's on KSL.. If I had $2k to drop on a rig that I could flog around, there are more XJ's per capita than anything else for that price range...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I paid $700 for my last one. 6 cylinder, AW4, junk yard lift. Pull glass and everything else you can. They get really light, real fast. Where is Milner?

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
98049e58.jpg

had a blast! this race was soo much fun! i cant wait till the next one!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
The guy in the black 4cyl Nissan has a few go pros mounted, and makes a video for each race. I was trying to pass him when I rolled on the right hand turn, it's at 1:40.

[video=youtube;lAyY1mYlWjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAyY1mYlWjw[/video]