Making adult friends

benjy

A lot of loose ends
Supporting Member
Take your dog and/or kid for a walk through the neighborhood as the weather warms up and stop and talk to people that are out working in their yards. Even if its just to complement their yard or whatever. Ask them what plants they just put in or what kind of trees they have. Alternatively if you have yard work to do stop when someone is on a walk and say hi. Its the perfect low stress interaction that'll kick start conversation. That might lead to waving and potentially further conversation.
Totally agree with you on this. A neighborhood is a perfect source for genuine human interaction.

Neighborhoods are being designed around reclusiveness. This weekend I'll be pulling out some rose bushes and putting in a fire pit, in our front yard. This is a great read for anyone that lives in a neighborhood

Pike2350

Take your dog and/or kid for a walk through the neighborhood as the weather warms up and stop and talk to people that are out working in their yards. Even if its just to complement their yard or whatever. Ask them what plants they just put in or what kind of trees they have. Alternatively if you have yard work to do stop when someone is on a walk and say hi. Its the perfect low stress interaction that'll kick start conversation. That might lead to waving and potentially further conversation.

You mention specifically wheeling and circumstances not allowing you to do that a ton right now. I'd suggest looking at other things that you do each week and try to find the opportunities from them to make acquaintances. With time those might turn into friendships that are tied to things that are a lot closer to home and where you live.
Now that the weather is better we do this and have been for the past 3 years since we moved in to our house. Is a great neighborhood and i di try to meet the neighbors.... unfortunately, 2 that i have enjoyed taking to a little bit, and that my 10yr old befriended are moving. 1 to Phoenix and the other to St. George. There are still a lot of people in our neighborhood with kids and we do plan on being out walking often since it's a great neighborhood for that.

Almost everyone on our street hangs out in their front yards. We even took out a planter and put in pavers in front to have a little sitting area... so im taking steps that way.

I guess part of it is just missing the wheeling community as well. I have a hard time getting oft and when i do i feel a little nervous talking. Hell, in Sand Hollow for Kevin's sons memorial, i think I said all of 100 words...lol. oh well. I guess i may need to sign up for Facebook....or bring ot my old account not tied to my real name so i can see some of the local clubs going ons. I do miss foru.s and the activity they used to have, but it seems those are struggling a lot too.

Jesser04

Well Stephen, when a man and a woman love each other a lot, they make a baby.

Ya, she's an escrow officer for Cottonwood Title. It's stressful, which is part of the reason she doesn't like to do much in general when she's not at work. She's good at making friends at work, but her work is in Orem so most of her coworkers are either 45+ minutes away, or not into the same kinds of things. I'm trying to help her quit her job so she can stay home more and sell cookies. That even sounds weird typing it, but her cookie game is on point ;)
Ima need some of those cookies.