Making adult friends

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I get it. I have a 6 year old and an 18 month old, and having other families with other kids to entertain each other provides for such novel and rare (nay, extinct) luxuries like sitting down, enjoying oneself in an adult conversation, and if all goes well, sleep. It's a balance too, maybe sometimes kids need the opportunity to self entertain so they can learn that they don't always need external stimulation to find joy. That's certainly not meant as any sort of parenting advice, just thinking out loud.

Man, after typing that I just got the chills thinking about how obnoxious it could be waiting for one of my freedom-thieves to entertain themselves lol

That's pretty much how we met. X-D

Good times back then. It's crazy to think that I sold my rig 13 years ago. I'm still here though. I'm like the forum cockroach.

Houndoc

Another piece of the puzzle is to recognize that being flexible on your part will make it more enjoyable for family and more likely to have friends join you.

Instead of a weekend of hard trails, a weekend of scenic hikes & hanging out by the pool with a trail run or two may be better fit for your family situation.