Marc Bryson lazy "build" -JT Gladiator Rubicon

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
So, I'm looking fwd to Feb and especially March. I should have 6 more trails and then EJS with an additional 7 trail days. We'll see how things are looking after that.

One day I should buy a new creeper?

20240203_140014-jpg.169437

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Damn, that one looks rough! '71?

'70. (71 and 72 are very similar but dont have the quad headlights). Chevelle tech on rme4x4.com;) It's pretty rough but not as rough as it appears. Doors may be salvageable? They strangley don't have much rust at the bottom :confused: Big block without a trans. Needs a 4L80 or 6L80 in my opinion. If anyone has a 2wd version of either of those and/or a lonely Chevy bolt pattern T400, I'll your info along to him

Needs
If it doesn't need floor pans, I'll be surprised
Front and rear bumper

45 year friend of mine. He works at a body shop but it's going to take a few bucks. He's going to get it to start, stop and steer and go from there

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just an update on the new tires. I really have nothing to complain about vs the Mickey Thompson MTZ vs the slightly bigger Nitto Trail Grapplers. I'm running the Nitto at 14 psi (on the dash display of the Jeep) and they do have a little more bulge than I like but they work pretty well there. I did notice NOT hitting the rear as much or as hard on most obstacles. Overall trail performance was about equal at least for how I run this Jeep. I don't do anything too crazy with it as I'm a cheap sucker.

I kind of want the MTZ on my other Jeep in a 39" or 40" tire. They performed very well which is where that Jeep will spend the bulk of it's life. More on that in a different thread.