March 16-17 mini wanna-be expedition: Rattlesnake --> Pony Express --> Little Sahara

WillyLin

I actually have the same problem; i can hear others, but they can't hear me. I have a brand new CB that we can use the new mic to troubleshoot. I've been waiting for someone else with a CB to see if I can transmit with it.

I think I have the same problem... but I will have to try it out...

Thor96

Hey i will not be able to make it down o little sahara so will i just take th same trail back we came on? Also what r the total miles of thie trip

sixstringsteve

Hey i will not be able to make it down o little sahara so will i just take the same trail back we came on? Also what r the total miles of thie trip

How far do you plan on going? If you are just going to camp with us, then in the morning you can head back the way you came.

It's 60 miles from the Chevron in Saratoga Springs to our campgound at Simpson Springs. Then it's another 55 miles from camp to Little Sahara.

post#1 has been updated with maps.

sixstringsteve

I have made the first post as easy to understand as I know how. Even though I know where I'm going, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure they understand the map and they know where we're going. Study the map well enough that you could be trail leader if needed.

Noob GPS Challenge:
This is a perfect trail to learn how to use a GPS on. For that to happen, I need a volunteer to try to create a .gpx file (even if they're not coming on the trip). I'd be happy to help if you have questions; this could be a good learning opportunity for someone to practice on a simple trail. Feel free to post the link up here so others can load your .gpx and follow along on their GPS.

Here's a link to the challenge:
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...file-(for-the-first-time)&p=826529#post826529

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm framing a few houses out in Vineyard (west Orem) right now and there is plenty of scrap lumber (without nails) if anyone wants to come out and grab a bunch.

sixstringsteve

It goes without saying, I will never cancel a trip due to weather. Be prepared for some showers on Saturday and possibly on Friday night as well.