Meatloaf (and others) RIP

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sinead O’Connor, gone at 56. She’s before my time but I found her due to Chevelle’s cover of this song.

fb_img_1690460481159-jpg.722792

STAG

On my grind
She was a bit of a wack job, but her voice was fire. #noautotunenecessary
I mean as far as I can make from her she just was outspoken against the Catholic Church. She said she was a victim of childhood molestation and IMO there’s no faster surefire way to guarantee the rest of that child’s life to be ruined and out of wack. I give her props to using her celebrity spotlight as a means to get her messages out there. Even though it ruined her career.

I know she’s said some other opinions but I’m in the camp that everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether we agree with them or not.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I mean as far as I can make from her she just was outspoken against the Catholic Church. She said she was a victim of childhood molestation and IMO there’s no faster surefire way to guarantee the rest of that child’s life to be ruined and out of wack. I give her props to using her celebrity spotlight as a means to get her messages out there. Even though it ruined her career.

I know she’s said some other opinions but I’m in the camp that everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether we agree with them or not.
I don’t think her opinions ruined her career. Maybe I’m just ignorant (ok, probably) but she stopped producing hits. That’s what killed her career. Once you pull off a cameo appearance as God, do you really need a career?

STAG

On my grind
I don’t think her opinions ruined her career. Maybe I’m just ignorant (ok, probably) but she stopped producing hits. That’s what killed her career. Once you pull off a cameo appearance as God, do you really need a career?
What I always heard was her career killer was ripping up the picture of the pope on SNL

Pile of parts

I remember watching that episode that night, thinking , wow! Never really cared for her music and that didn't have anything to do with her opinions or views. Just not what I was in to.