Mineral Basin

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Originally posted by Klif01
I will be there at 9:30 driving a red toyta, so what is this trail like? I don't want to hold anyone up like I did on r-snake brad etc

Tim, you'll be fine. The rock garden can pose some problems, but we can get you through. I doubt you'll be able to go much further with the snow and all. There's only one semi-difficult part on Forest Lake, but you should get through it. I did it in a stock Nissan truck back in the day.
Devin

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I can probably make it. I've never been there so A little direction will help. Maybe meet smokin and SRn somewhere close to the freeway.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
I can probably make it. I've never been there so A little direction will help. Maybe meet smokin and SRn somewhere close to the freeway.

There is a parking area for something right off the Highland/Alpine exit. Want to meet there at 9:30??

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Is that the Exit with thanksgiving point? I'll meet you there if I'm not there at 9:30 just leave I didn't make it. On the east side of the freeway? or West Side of the freeway? Blue sami wiht no doors in less it's cooled and Red Hood. No top:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just to tell you the difficulty of Forest Lake....... 2WD no lockers last Saturday... no my rig isn't a huge buggy... so anyone in a 4wd vehicle with some decent clearance (stock Samurai has plenty) can easily do this trail...

For Rockgarden/MB, I would say 31's and driving skills, no lockers req... We did in in a few 31 and 33 open rigs without the strap or winch.

I may just join you guys... :D

But I just washed all that frickin mud off the inside of my windshield... :D

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Is it the last exit before the point of the mountain heading from Provo. there's a gas station and a burgerking together righ toff that exit. PM me you r# again.

SammiGrrl

big, blue, & beautiful
How about that exit at 9? it takes a while to get up the canyon, and I don't want to be stuck with the XJ guys. I'll be in my close to stock blue sammi, probably no doors. It's even smaller than SRN's! We could meet at the gas station for last minute gas, coffee and/or beer, and Krispy Kreme. How does that sound?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Yeah, those of you that don't know, or want to meet early, Meet up at the Cheveron at the Highland/Alpine exit (Thats the first exit after point of the mountain heading south) at 9:00am. Then we'll head up for Tibble Fork. Remember, this is a national forest, so you'll have to pay 3 dollars to get in. Also, no beer, bad idea!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Sounds fun, I don't know if I'll meet you at the gas station or the Tibble Creek. I've got a CJ no doors, hood is silver body is white.

The Burger king was replaced with an Iceburg restaurant so don't be looking for the gas station with a Burger King or you'll be looking for a while... ;)

utahxjer

you guys just might be runnin into the xj's, they changed their time to 9 as well, uh oh! But don't worry, alot of guys are backing out, so it won't be too bad.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
OK I got my tank back in my CJ its running fairly well except some issuses with the rebuilt carb and float level. I will try to adjust that tonite. What time is the meeting time at the gas station or reservoir? I am going to try to make it...depending on how early you guys are leaving and how late I am out tonite :)