moab dirt riot during ejs!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Cheston. I've got a big bucket, if you want to save your coolant ;)

I'm going to try to swing this. If I can find some 37's to borrow.

Can anyone educate me about neck rolls? and what to buy?

Last edited:

Big Rich

I was thinking about racing but there's no way I can afford to put beadlocks and pay 200 just to enter defiantly wanna go watch though

It's $200.00 if your running one of the pro classes, trail classes are only $100..... I will also drop the beadlock requirement in the trail class for the 1st race you come out to, after the 1st race you'll have to have them.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i thought the bead lock rule was already dropped in the trail classs

15. It is highly recommended that vehicles be equipped with beadlock wheels

Olaf

Supporting Member
Pit Bull Tires named Title Sponsor for UTV class of the Dirt Riot Endurance Race being held at Area BFE during Easter Jeep Safari, Moab, Utah, April 7, 2012.

Pit Bull Tires steps up and offers a $2,500 cash purse for the UTV class. This is the first cash purse for the UTV class at any Dirt Riot race. The UTV class is open to anyone with a side-by-side that meets these basic safety requirements: doors, solid roof, four-point harness, two 2 ½ lb fire extinguishers, and an approved DOT or Snell helmet.

The UTV race course will include high speed and technical sections along with rock trails that will challenge these nimble vehicles. The race will be one hour in length and conclude with a Grand Prix finish. The race is open to all drivers 16 years and older. Entry fee is $100.

Mike Green, president of Pit Bull Tires, states “Pit Bull is excited to team with Dirt Riot Endurance Racing in offering the purse as well as becoming the marquee sponsor for the class.”

Tech and registration will be held at the Cabo Grill, 395 S. Main, Moab from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, April 6th.

Dirt Riot Endurance Racing is open to all four wheel drive vehicles, there are six classes of vehicles: UTV, Stock Trail, Modified Trail, 4500, 4600 and 4400 classes. For more information, please visit the website at www.werocklive.com.

Dirt Riot Endurance Racing is a production of WE Rock Events, sponsored by Maxxis, Torchmate, Spidertrax, MasterPull, Tom Woods Custom Drive Shafts, PCI Race Radios and Any Seven Offroad.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
so in the last updated rules is says 5. Front mounted winch with synthetic winch line highly recommended

then at the end it says 22. Minimum 6000lb front mounted winch, winch must be operational
So is it just the synthetic line that is reccomended or is it the winch?

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
http://www.toolking.com/road-x-i-9620-6-000lbs-rolling-capacity-automotive-winch

Rich i have a 5000 lb ramsey. and with my light rig never using a winch before i have a hard time spending hundreds on a bigger winch that is not needed just for one race..

i know this is lame but is this technically a 6000lb would it pass tech
From what I understand, they want everyone to have a good winch more as a safety measure they don't care if you can't make an obsticle, but if you are the closest person to a rolled rig and the rig happened to be on top of someone? They want as many capible winches on the course as possible. The most expensive part of me competing in werock was buying my winch... Then they wouldn't even let me use it in the comp :(

Olaf

Supporting Member
It was a great day at AreaBFE with WeRock/Dirt Riot!!! Thanks to everyone who came out, participated, and the mother nature for great weather!!! Lookimg forward to doing it again next year!

Badbuggy

rock star
rocksshot.jpg

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Jim and I had an absolute blast at the Dirt Riot race! We ended up placing 3rd in the Modified Trail class, but a couple of stupid mistakes cost us second. My lunch slid forward and kicked the rear driveshaft disconnect lever out on Dropkick, which took us several minutes to diagnose. Then I pulled off the course with with one lap to go on the upper portion :rolleyes:, and to top it off I hit a rock and blew out a front tire. Didn't matter though, just being able to compete and finish was worth it!

I want to thank Olaf, Chris Brunner, and Big Rich for letting me be a part of the fun!

564597_267278003361929_100002391943051_584780_1738960783_n.jpg