More lies from SUWA; Moab Brewery SUWA supporter??

capt scotty

There is a new commercial about Utah Wild Lands from SUWA. Dave Sabey is the spokesperson on the commercial. He states that OHV use is a huge threat and that that is not the most important thing in Moab!!
He is the owner of MOAB BREWERY I suggest anyone who is interested in the use of off-roading should NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS BUSSINESS!!!
Please pass this along to everyone headed to MOAB!

UPDATE: READ HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Got a link to the commercial and other facts to support your claim.. I would hate for everyone to go off half cocked based on an inaccurate unsubstantiated rumor... but it is cool to boycott based on facts :)

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
true.

They always seem to have wheelin videos on 1 or 2 of the monitors, they have the Dan Mick display, lots off wheelin pics hung around.

BUT lots of hippie stuff to.

Maybe I will have to discuss this with him over a plate of jalapeno fries and beer cheese soup.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's very interesting to hear. Hell, the brewery has even donated gift certs for our RME BBQ which benefits the trails there (proceeds went to MFFW).

It would be unfortunate if this were true.

capt scotty

Got a link to the commercial and other facts to support your claim.. I would hate for everyone to go off half cocked based on an inaccurate unsubstantiated rumor... but it is cool to boycott based on facts :)

I heard the commercial on KSL radio on the way to work today. If anyone can help with the link it would be appreciated. I had to look him up to see what Restaurant he talks about in the commercial.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
That's very interesting to hear. Hell, the brewery has even donated gift certs for our RME BBQ which benefits the trails there (proceeds went to MFFW).

It would be unfortunate if this were true.

True, I won one of those at the RME BBQ

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Walking on egg-shells. I could go through SUWA's supporter list and name some that have also helped with OHV projects in the past too. Do we boycott every major media outlet for allowing SUWA's paid commercials to air? Any OHV's are a pretty big threat that need to be managed no? Are you going to boycott me too? U4WDA stays in a Moab rental house that is owned by a major SUWA supporting company, should we boycott U4 too, they have known about it for years after all. What if I agree with 50% of SUWA's wilderness plan proposals? Can I order a half bowl of beer cheese soup and a side order of fries?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
The Brewery has a Dan Mick display, supports Red Rock 4wheelers, shows vid's during safari.

I think the problem is that companies like the brewery and many others that support wilderness don't fully understand what they are supporting. I have talked to business's that have donated to both SUWA and U4WDA because they thought we were all fighting for the same thing, to preserve back country.

They don't realize that by supporting them, they are going to shut us down. I know that SUWA and other groups of the sort have "not told the whole story" about what their mission is when talking to potential sponsors.

I for one, will be enjoying a plate of fries with beer cheese soup next time I am in Moab.

Last edited:

Chevycrew

Maybe like cheston said, a better idea would be to sit down with him and inform him exactly what he is supporting and what they are doing to us.

unless it has changed owners in the last yr or so(which it could have) the owners name was mike johnson, he was a great guy and VERY for the off-road community. i even took him out a couple times in my jeep up the trails around moab so to me something seems really fishy. i'm gonna make a phone call as soon as i can get a chance and see what i can find out.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
unless it has changed owners in the last yr or so(which it could have) the owners name was mike johnson, he was a great guy and VERY for the off-road community. i even took him out a couple times in my jeep up the trails around moab so to me something seems really fishy. i'm gonna make a phone call as soon as i can get a chance and see what i can find out.

From Moab Brewery's website:

themoabbrewery.com said:
The Moab Brewery was founded in 1996 by John Borkoski (John is also the founder of a brewery in McCall, Idaho) and Dave Sabey (Dave appreciates a good beer anywhere!). Together with their partners, John and Dave have created an oasis in the desert.

For what it's worth...