More lies from SUWA; Moab Brewery SUWA supporter??

ZUKEYPR

I don't know if the thread was all that bad. Without it the skewed words of David might never come to light and had the ad pulked. Two ways of looking at it I suppose. Either way I got try this Beer cheese soup everyone is talking about.....btw, isn't there anywhere elese on the planet other than Moab that you can get Derailer Dark Amber Ale?

Today at lunch, my wife and I went into the Moab Brewery to get to the bottom of what's going on. We spoke with Michael Miller, the general manager, and a friend of ours. He was aware of the radio ad, and had already been speaking extensively with his partner in Park City, Dave Sabey, who is the voice of the commercial. He states that his words were misinterpreted, and the way SUWA hacked together a message completely destroyed his original intent behind what he said. Dave had the radio ad pulled today, because of its skewed contents.

Here is the e-mail message he sent to Michael and his other partner John:

"Hi David and Misty, thanks so much for your concern and helping up combat this. Here is the response that my partner typed up. Please let your friends know, we do appreciate them and hope they understand the circumstances.

(From Dave Sabey) ‘Michael and John- I am surprised at the reaction generated by the above referenced ad. I thought it was very clear that I was referring to Wilderness Areas and the impact of off road vehicles in those areas. Our discussion from which the sound bite was taken centered on ATVs and their impact when they are illegally ridden in and on existing wilderness areas. Of course SUWA left out the specific mention of those instances I was referring to such as illegally riding the ATVs in pristine stream beds and untracked areas. They also left out much of the discussion that centered around my concerns that SUWA is too “in your face” and needs to try harder to work with all the interested parties and advance a more balanced objective concerning off-roading. Hell Michael, I’ll be the first to stand up and champion people’s rights to use the public lands as long as it is done in a responsible manner, which I don’t think includes off-roading in Wilderness Areas. In fact, we are currently shopping for an off-road capable camper van to explore all the great off-road areas around Moab and the entire western US.’

Michael Miller”

Neither the Moab Brewery, or its owners are anti-OHV. This is another case of SUWA manipulating the words of other people in order to promote their own skewed agenda. We all know that SUWA lies, cheats, and steals in order to try to win followers to support their misguided goals.

Thank you to those of you who didn't overreact until hearing both sides of the story. Please pass this on, so that others will know the truth.

David Adams
Red Rock 4-Wheelers Land Use Officer

Not to piss in any cheerios, but this sounds like what all these businesses usually say in this situation. When are they going to sponsor a pro-OHV ad to counter SUWA's position? It's easy to send out an email saying "We love OHV users!" when caught in a situation like this. Kudos to you Dave for following up on this.

capt scotty

Sorry guys for my delayed responce. I have been "off the grid".
Thanks for all the follow up to get to the bottom of this. I think this come up as win for all of us. It shows how passionate we are about what we do. The Advertisement got pulled, It shows that SUWA really does SUCK!!! And it just might make bussinesses think a little harder about the impacts their actions could have on their bussiness.

Please spread the word. The Moab Brewery is a stand up place and appreciates our bussiness.

Last edited:
M

muddyjeep

Well Squatters Pub has just lost allot of customers! I recommend never buying any of there products or going to any of there Places of business! So Squatters Pub is on my CRAP list!
Along with Moab Brewery, the Park City Pub, the so called Beer Store!
I guess it pays to do a little digging, I think the Pic speaks for its self!

Squatters supports suwa!..JPG

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Well Squatters Pub has just lost allot of customers! I recommend never buying any of there products or going to any of there Places of business! So Squatters Pub is on my CRAP list!
Along with Moab Brewery, the Park City Pub, the so called Beer Store!
I guess it pays to do a little digging, I think the Pic speaks for its self!

Squatters supports suwa!..JPG

You know, some web admin saying he "likes" something on facebook doesn't necessarily equate to the entire company supporting something. Squatters is not listed on SUWA's list of contributors anymore, so I'd call it a safe bet that your facebook find is of little consequence.
Like Kurt has already said, businesses are in the market of making money. So if Squatters feels that it's in there best financial interest to "like" SUWA on facebook so that its generally Liberal, tree hugging customer base is more likely to buy its goods, then thats just good business sense. Now if I hear that Peter Cole (one of the owners) is now a board member of SUWA and there's a sign on the pub door saying 5% of every purchase will be going to SUWA, then I might feel differently. But until then, I'll still enjoy my Full Suspension Pale Ale.

ID Bronco

You know, some web admin saying he "likes" something on facebook doesn't necessarily equate to the entire company supporting something. Squatters is not listed on SUWA's list of contributors anymore, so I'd call it a safe bet that your facebook find is of little consequence.
Like Kurt has already said, businesses are in the market of making money. So if Squatters feels that it's in there best financial interest to "like" SUWA on facebook so that its generally Liberal, tree hugging customer base is more likely to buy its goods, then thats just good business sense. Now if I hear that Peter Cole (one of the owners) is now a board member of SUWA and there's a sign on the pub door saying 5% of every purchase will be going to SUWA, then I might feel differently. But until then, I'll still enjoy my Full Suspension Pale Ale.

I love the justification here. If they cross this (imaginary boundary in your head) I will stop shopping there. I prefer a more line in the sand approach personally. This type of "its always a mistake, they missrepresented us" excuses get old to me. If you lay in bed with a snake I can reasonably assume you like and support snakes. No food is good enough to whore out for it. Yes I have had the cheesy stuff you all brag about. good for Dave for researching it further, but I do think it deserves some continued survelience of future activities. I am in awe of the lack of pro offroad access media coverage and paid ads.

Business practices - yes if they want more hippies to shop there, more power to them but riding the fence on both sides serves no one. For some with hidden hippie tendencies I can see this justification too. No one cares if they like SUWA, we just want to know so we can choose other establishments.

M

muddyjeep

Looks like Uintah brewery is a paying supporter of suwa. That's too bad I like there beers.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Salt City Brew Supply doesn't support SUWA, and if you come down and buy stuff to make your own beer, you will have beer made by a very access-friendly person, sourced from a very access-friendly store ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Salt City Brew Supply doesn't support SUWA, and if you come down and buy stuff to make your own beer, you will have beer made by a very access-friendly person, sourced from a very access-friendly store ;)

I support this message. One day I will make my own beer. Just need more hobby cash.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I love the justification here. If they cross this (imaginary boundary in your head) I will stop shopping there. I prefer a more line in the sand approach personally. This type of "its always a mistake, they missrepresented us" excuses get old to me. If you lay in bed with a snake I can reasonably assume you like and support snakes. No food is good enough to whore out for it. Yes I have had the cheesy stuff you all brag about. good for Dave for researching it further, but I do think it deserves some continued survelience of future activities. I am in awe of the lack of pro offroad access media coverage and paid ads.

Business practices - yes if they want more hippies to shop there, more power to them but riding the fence on both sides serves no one. For some with hidden hippie tendencies I can see this justification too. No one cares if they like SUWA, we just want to know so we can choose other establishments.

Are you not making a similar imaginary justification in your head? The way I see it is that Squatters used to be a listed financial supporter of SUWA. While that was happening, I didn't support them. They are no longer listed by SUWA as a paid contributor, so I now feel that I can purchase from them again. What people like and dislike on facebook makes no difference to me because its not making a financial contribution. If you really want to dig down for information, look at SUWA's contributors. Those are the people we should be burning, not people just paying lip service.
As for riding the fence, its great for the company. Thats why they do it.

M

muddyjeep

This was the response from Squatters...
Squatters Pub Brewery We support a lot of organizations that support our community and our planet.

I don't think that guy understands what suwa's agenda really is! If most people new the truth, I bet they would lose almost all support in Utah!