More lies from SUWA; Moab Brewery SUWA supporter??

sixstringsteve

the people of suwa aren't dummies. On the surface they don't pitch their cause as "shutting down all off-road motorized access in the Canyonlands area." They pitch themselves as people who are pro-outdoors and encourage others to help keep nature available for future generations. Who wouldn't support that?

I think our pitch should change to be more appealing as well. Maybe it could be something like "protecting, preserving, and expanding nature through increased education, stewardship, and access to Utah's natural resources." That sounds a bit more palatable than "stop the land grab" or "keep the public lands public." Don't get me wrong, we need to stop the land grab, but I think our slogan could be a bit more polished like SUWA's. I don't want to trick people into supporting us, like SUWA does, but I do want them to realize that we're trying to keep access to these amazing places open for future generations. We need a more proactive approach than a reactive approach.

M

muddyjeep

the people of suwa aren't dummies. On the surface they don't pitch their cause as "shutting down all off-road motorized access in the Canyonlands area." They pitch themselves as people who are pro-outdoors and encourage others to help keep nature available for future generations. Who wouldn't support that?

I think our pitch should change to be more appealing as well. Maybe it could be something like "protecting, preserving, and expanding nature through increased education, stewardship, and access to Utah's natural resources." That sounds a bit more palatable than "stop the land grab" or "keep the public lands public." Don't get me wrong, we need to stop the land grab, but I think our slogan could be a bit more polished like SUWA's. I don't want to trick people into supporting us, like SUWA does, but I do want them to realize that we're trying to keep access to these amazing places open for future generations. We need a more proactive approach than a reactive approach.

I like your thinking on that! Looks like He no longer likes suwa aka the sewer! Because they are full of the brown stuff!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just had a great chat with Mr. Sabey, one of the Moab Brewery owners. He is a very level headed individual and a proponent of responsible OHV use. His comments were directly aimed at rogue OHV use and I can't disagree with anything said. Rogue OHV use is damaging to the environment, Wilderness and our image. Simple as that.