Mortgage Rates

Working on a refi now with Box Home Loans. Rate is 4% with an APR of 4.05 on a 15 year. I did considerable research. If you have good credit, I'd recommend these folks.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Here is a question....

I rented my house out in November of last year. I never changed anything on the loan, but I did switch to an insurance policy for a rental property.

If I were to refi, does the fact that I'm using the property as a rental have any effect on the process? Right now I'm taking a $50 hit every month on my mortgage (my mortgage is more than my rental income), but if I am going to keep this as a rental then refinancing would make sense as I could probably turn it around and be $50 to $100 in the positive each month.

Here is a question....

I rented my house out in November of last year. I never changed anything on the loan, but I did switch to an insurance policy for a rental property.

If I were to refi, does the fact that I'm using the property as a rental have any effect on the process? Right now I'm taking a $50 hit every month on my mortgage (my mortgage is more than my rental income), but if I am going to keep this as a rental then refinancing would make sense as I could probably turn it around and be $50 to $100 in the positive each month.

I'm no expert, but I think you will definitely pay a different rate than if it were owner-occupied.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
contacted one of the compainies on the site. Utahlowrate.com or whatever it was. Payment wasn't what they stated and closing costs were significantly higher. I will keep trying.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Well that effs me in the ay

yep primaries residence is less than secondary or rental property...maybe you could not disclose, (you didnt hear that from me) If you were to buy an apartment complex or a duplex, the rate would be cheaper if you lived in one of the units rather than somewhere else.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Here is a question....

It all boils down to what rate and length of contract you have now. What the new rate would be and watch the closing costs. Joan had a real estate license in Cal. so this is her advice.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Working on a refi now with Box Home Loans. Rate is 4% with an APR of 4.05 on a 15 year. I did considerable research. If you have good credit, I'd recommend these folks.

I am looking into doing a refi with them. Credit is good and they have some awesome rates. Let me know if you hit any snags.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I just refinanced with a guy and he was BY FAR BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE we talked to. 4.00% at 15 years and way lower closing than others.

let me know if you want his info.

I am looking into doing a refi with them. Credit is good and they have some awesome rates. Let me know if you hit any snags.

Looks like you found something else, but I just closed last week with Box Home Loans. My rate was 4% for 15 years. They were great to deal with, even sent a notary to my home to sign the papers so we didn't have to go find them!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just refinanced with a guy and he was BY FAR BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE we talked to. 4.00% at 15 years and way lower closing than others.

let me know if you want his info.

Would he be alright with you posting his info up? I still need to re-fi, keep putting it off, but better not do that much longer. I don't think interest rates are going to get any better then they are now.

Looks like you found something else, but I just closed last week with Box Home Loans. My rate was 4% for 15 years. They were great to deal with, even sent a notary to my home to sign the papers so we didn't have to go find them!

Oh and these guys charged about $150 in loan fees + about $1600 for appraisal, credit report, and title company fees. Those last 3 are pretty much the same with everyone I checked.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I sent an email about posting his info. If he says it is okay I will post it up. Other wise I can give you the info through PM for sure.

I wish I could have had a better experience with box loans. they wouldn't get back to me. Most companies I tried to deal with had one thing online and a different thing in real life.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Info On him. The first lender I dealt with that things were actually better than we thought. Even after I agreed to do the loan with him the next day he called and said he got us better than what originally planned. Tell him Davy told you how to get a hold of him. No, I don't get a kick back for referring you.

Troy Evans
Mortgage Professional
Superior Lending Associates
801.792.2697 cell
866.819.8416 fax
11616 S State St #1601
Draper, UT 84020
www.Troy-Evans.com

JoeT

Info On him. The first lender I dealt with that things were actually better than we thought. Even after I agreed to do the loan with him the next day he called and said he got us better than what originally planned. Tell him Davy told you how to get a hold of him. No, I don't get a kick back for referring you.

Troy Evans
Mortgage Professional
Superior Lending Associates
801.792.2697 cell
866.819.8416 fax
11616 S State St #1601
Draper, UT 84020
www.Troy-Evans.com
Thanks! I plan on calling him soon.