Mortgage Rates

sixb

Will work for beer!
I was seconds away from locking in at 4.875 for a 30 today.... I feel it will get just a tad lower....:freak:

250,000 @ 4.875 for 360 months = 1323.02 a month for a grand total of 476,287.20

250,000 @ 4.875 for 180 months =1960.74 a month for a grand total of

123,354.00 saved in 15 years but it's not for everybody there will have to be some sacrifaces made.:greg:

sixb

Will work for beer!
You might argue that I cant afford 637.73 difference, I would say you should have bought a house or car for for less money to get the payments to a level you can afford.

175,000 @ 4.875 for 180 months = 1,372.52

It's simple you just need to live within your means.

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You might argue that I cant afford 637.73 difference, I would say you should have bought a house or car for for less money to get the payments to a level you can afford.

Some would also argue that $640 dollars per month could purchase a lot of really awesome experiences and memories if put to the correct use over the next 15 years ;)

sixb

Will work for beer!
Some would also argue that $640 dollars per month could purchase a lot of really awesome experiences and memories if put to the correct use over the next 15 years ;)

Just look in the classifieds, thats where they end up when times get tough at about half price.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Just look in the classifieds, thats where they end up when times get tough at about half price.

memories and experiences for sale in the classifieds! I thought I'd never see the day! Glory!

I also agree with you in principle, but just pointing out that not everybody values the same things as you. It's just fun to give you **** because you tried to give me **** while I wasn't looking, and I've been looking for a new target for awhile :D

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out

Mummm K, I bought my house 5 years ago, I paid the $250K and the house was valued at 2.5 times that when I moved in. Turn back the hands of time to 5 years ago, not many home were being sold for under $250K.

Saying that if you can't afford an additional $637.00 on month is laughable!

sixb

Will work for beer!
memories and experiences for sale in the classifieds! I thought I'd never see the day! Glory!

I also agree with you in principle, but just pointing out that not everybody values the same things as you. It's just fun to give you **** because you tried to give me **** while I wasn't looking, and I've been looking for a new target for awhile :D

I probably deserve it.

sixb

Will work for beer!
Mummm K, I bought my house 5 years ago, I paid the $250K and the house was valued at 2.5 times that when I moved in. Turn back the hands of time to 5 years ago, not many home were being sold for under $250K.

So you bought a 625,000 dollar house for 250,000, wow what a great deal for you. Hmmmmm and now I'm being sarcastic. *cough BS, cough*

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So you bought a 625,000 dollar house for 250,000, wow what a great deal for you. Hmmmmm and now I'm being sarcastic. *cough BS, cough*

Yep, sure did. Some may act like they are smarter than others, but there ARE others that are smarter than most.

You sure talk a good game.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I just had just closed on my house about a month and a half ago at 6.375. I wanted to wait, but had closing dates to deal with. NO I could get 5.125 ish and the mortgage guy called me today. We will see, I wanna see 4's. Before I jump. I would drop my payment about 100 bucks. But cost about 2500 to refinance. And oh yeah shawns house is badass:D

Brad J

My Brother in law locked us in yesterday at 4.5%:D:cool:
We were at a 6.875% Interest only & now back to a 30 year traditional and hope to start making 15 yr mortgage payments when we get everything in order. He works for Country Wide & wants to keep very busy right now so call him anytime Eddie Garcia 541-0889. I'm stoked to see my principle drop every month like it used to with our 1st mortgage:greg:

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
My Brother in law locked us in today at 4.5%:D:cool:
We were at a 6.875% Interest only & now back to a 30 year traditional and hope to start making 15 yr mortgage payments when we get everything in order. He works for Country Wide & wants to keep very busy right now so call him anytime Eddie Garcia 541-0889. I'm stoked to see my principle drop every month like it used to with our 1st mortgage:greg:

What are the points and origination fee? Do you know the APR? That's a really low rate, unless you're paying some points to buy it down.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I was just looking at rates on wellsfargo.com. Their 30 year rate is 4.75, and their 15 year rate is 4.875. Why is the 15 year rate higher? :confused: The 15 year rate is usually 3/8s or so lower... If one of them gets close to 4% we'll do this again. If not, we'll stay where we are. :)

Brad J

What are the points and origination fee? Do you know the APR? That's a really low rate, unless you're paying some points to buy it down.

I'm clueless on it all but there are no origination fee's and the APR is depends on credit score (mine was just over 800) and equity built up already. Sorry that's all I know but he would be able to figure those out:)