Mortgage Rates

sixb

Will work for beer!
I don't now that I would ever want to own a home outright. There are tax advantages to having a mortgage.

I have read a few of your post about how some people should'nt be allowed to breed, I think that reply puts you in the no breed catagorey.

sixb

Will work for beer!
Just remember, paying it off faster results in less itemized deductions at the end of the year. So times thing is a good thing and some times not. Eventually you don't get that 15-30K in deductions and you end up owing the government buckets of money come tax time.

I will go to my grave paying taxes, but not intrest.

Last edited:

sixb

Will work for beer!
:rofl: Be nice, Cody owned up to his mistake shortly after making that comment.

Only after seeing the response it got. I believe he belives it. And I'm not trying to be mean or inconciderate but I just can't believe the way most americans think. I am just a simple minded man with a 8th grade education who works his but off to support his family and refuse to waste my hard earned money on bad decisions or loans.

Rockinithard

this might confuse most of you but I do refi and to be honest with you I would look at the total cost of the loan instead of the intrest rate while it is very important I have seen 20 year loans with 7.5apr paid off with less intrest than a 20 year loan with a 6%apr the only part of the loan you really need to look at is the truth and lending report in your loans it will tell you everything

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Only after seeing the response it got. I believe he belives it. And I'm not trying to be mean or inconciderate but I just can't believe the way most americans think. I am just a simple minded man with a 8th grade education who works his but off to support his family and refuse to waste my hard earned money on bad decisions or loans.

Nah, Cody's not one to change his mind because of what other people say. He's thick-headed, it's part of why his head is so big. He thought about it again and figured out why he was wrong. He was probably either drunk or hung-over when he made the original post. ;)

:p

sixb

Will work for beer!
Nah, Cody's not one to change his mind because of what other people say. He's thick-headed, it's part of why his head is so big. He thought about it again and figured out why he was wrong. He was probably either drunk or hung-over when he made the original post. ;)

:p

I don't know cody and it's not him I'm really against just the thinking. My wife has a girl friend in poughikepsie NY with a mech. engeneering degree fron MIT (sp ?) that has said the same thing to me and I felt to dumb to argue with her face to face but it's a lot easier on line. And really I'm not arguing just voicing my opinion on a day that has been bad for me. I'm starting to feel beter now.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Wow, I can't believe rates are still falling... :eek: From Bankrate.com, Direct Mortgages is offering a 15 yr mortgage rate @ 4.875 with an APR of 4.886. :eek: Time for me to refinance our mortgage.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I was seconds away from locking in at 4.875 for a 30 today.... I feel it will get just a tad lower....:freak:

I think you're right... I think they will continue getting lower, even after Obama is in office. So I'm holding out as well. But I think if 15 hits 4, I'll do it regardless if I think it might go lower. 4 is just insanely low... :eek: But how would it be to have a 3% or even 2% mortgage. Look at our gas prices, too. I personally think we are headed towards another great depression....