My first AR15

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
tack a couple together if needs be.

I have a chunk of 1/2" plate. Im guessing it wont hold up great but it could be fun to see the damage a bullet can do

DAA

The tie plates work fine with normal bullets at a reasonable distance (100 yards or more).

If you shoot them in the same spot enough, you will eventually put a hole in them, but if you can get them for nothing and won't be pounding on them that much, they'll last awhile.

- DAA

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Here is my first AR. I bought it on black friday from Sportsmans Warehouse and have added to it.

Magpul grip and forward grip
Cheap rail I bought off amazon
Scope is 3x32 nikon p-223
Bipod is a NPS auction special

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Here is my first AR. I bought on black friday from Sportsman and have added to it.

Magpul grip and forward grip
Cheap rail I bought off amazon
Scope is 3x32 nikon p-223
Bipod is a NPS auction special

Looks good Brandon! I have the same scope, probably the same rail.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Greg, it looks like your front scope mount is on the fore arm quad rail? If so I can't imagine it holding zero. Those hand rails move quite a bit. Looks like a pretty sweet setup otherwise. For those interested, frontier arms makes a complete lower that is composite. They are $125. Add a RR M4 upper for $600and you've got a pretty sweet, really light AR. My dad built this exact setup it weighs under 8 lbs and functions really well. Also replacing the flash suppressor with a Harold muzzle break will allow you to see the bullet hit in the scope. I highly recommend one they are about $30.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Greg, it looks like your front scope mount is on the fore arm quad rail? If so I can't imagine it holding zero. Those hand rails move quite a bit.

Looks like a pretty sweet setup otherwise. For those interested, frontier arms makes a complete lower that is composite. They are $125. Add a RR M4 upper for $600and you've got a pretty sweet, really light AR. My dad built this exact setup it weighs under 8 lbs and functions really well. Also replacing the flash suppressor with a Harold muzzle break will allow you to see the bullet hit in the scope. I highly recommend one they are about $30.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You may be correct, like I said... it's my first AR. I figured if I spread out the mounts further it would be better! I didn't realize the hand rails moved so much. I'll change the mounts so the scope doesn't move, thanks for mentioning it!

A lightweight AR would be nice, I'm somewhat surprised how heavy ended up!

Good to know about the muzzle brake too!