My kid put his papers in for a two year stint somewhere...guesses where???

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sorry, I think I posted when we were on the way to EJS. He is excited. As soon as we for settled in our EJS motel, he snagged a computer and started looking up Salem.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
That is awesome they are lucky to get him!

Three best things about going stateside.

#1 Hot Showers- not common in Central/South America
#2 Mail. What mom sends won't end up with the mailman.
#3 The Brothers: Bro Pizza Hut, Bro Taco Bell, etc. The kid will have to try to starve. :)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
That is awesome they are lucky to get him!

Three best things about going stateside.

#1 Hot Showers- not common in Central/South America
#2 Mail. What mom sends won't end up with the mailman.
#3 The Brothers: Bro Pizza Hut, Bro Taco Bell, etc. The kid will have to try to starve. :)

you forgot legal weed.

rholbrook

Enjoy your time with Corbin because 2 years is a long time without your buddy. My son gets home this afternoon and I am soooo excited and as emotional as his mom.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Just thought I should throw an update out there: He's in the mission field in Salem. Doing well. His letters are a trip right now. I've never known him to be this religious (kind of the deal, I guess). Not my thing, but I'm really proud of him.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Just thought I should throw an update out there: He's in the mission field in Salem. Doing well. His letters are a trip right now. I've never known him to be this religious (kind of the deal, I guess). Not my thing, but I'm really proud of him.

You have to commit to it, to make it thru 2 years. :)

ricsrx

yes, the drop off for us was not easy, you think your prepared for it , we went down early and hung out at the temple grounds for an hour to try and get our goodbyes taken care of... it was great but didn't make the drop off any easier..

For sure that drop off day is a tough time! My boy is on the Big Island of Hawaii now. The mission issued them a truck because the roads get pretty steep and rough the closer you get to Mauna Loa. Guess all that 4-wheeling experience pays off in more ways than one!

mbryson

Supporting Member
For sure that drop off day is a tough time! My boy is on the Big Island of Hawaii now. The mission issued them a truck because the roads get pretty steep and rough the closer you get to Mauna Loa. Guess all that 4-wheeling experience pays off in more ways than one!

That'd be sweet!

rholbrook

When I dropped my son off I don't know who cried more, me or my wife. That as so hard for me to drop off my son. He and I did everything together, he picked me on weekends to hang out with instead of his friends or girls. We were always, jeeping, riding, fishing or camping. If Harrison chooses to to go, its going to kill me then too. Email Mondays were the best. I am glad Jaxon is home now, he grew physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. It took a month to convince him that we didnt need to pray in restauarants and that every morning you can pray for your food for the whole day.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Someone reminded me of this thread the other day. After a few email exchanges, I re-remembered it. Just a quick update for anyone that's reading.

Elder Bryson is down to 8 weeks and a few days left. Amazing that time rolls on that fast. It's been an awesome growing experience for him. I was a little alarmed at the writing education he had when he first started writing to us. He's doing pretty good now. There've been a lot of changes for our family since he's been out. It'll be interesting to see him come home and what he does with himself when he does. As Russ mentions above, you can really see the growth. (I think he even has a bit of a receding hairline :D)