Toyota My new (to me) '85 Xtra cab pickup

864runner

I know I'm your hero
So, its in and it RUNS!!!!! It's so nice to have that load off my mind. Now I can move on to the bed. I need to cut off the mounts and re weld some new shorter ones on with new mounting bolts. Then on to the rear bumper and that should be it for awhile.

Max Power

Bryce
You should have called me to help. I owe you more than a couple hours of work.:) Glad you got it running. What ended up being the problem?

864runner

I know I'm your hero
I still have some light fab work to do, so you can always come help with that. I'm not 100% sure what was wrong with the other engine? All I can think of is that I used the old head bolts instead of getting new ones, and they were stretched and ended up bottoming out and not sealing the head gasket completely? I ended up picking up another 22RE and throwing that in.

864runner

I know I'm your hero
Ok guys I need some help to move the flatbed around while I fab up the new mounts. I'm gonna need to put it on and take it off a few times and I need probably 3 guys to help me move it around. So I was hoping I could get a few guys over either this weekend or next weekend to help me out. Then I can get this project done and move on to the next one.

chans

I'm most likely going to be out of town this weekend but if I do go I might be back early enough on Monday to help. Otherwise I'm free a week from Sunday.