My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Did he ever do a video walk around for your client? A thought just came to me. Is the property in his name or is he leasing it? Talk to the property owner and he could get on the property and share all this with him. When was the car last seen in person? Hire a private detective?

Coco

There is no way someone can hold someone's property as ransom when the bill has been paid... I'd take legal action, even if it is just to have a cop show up on his property as well. Scare tactic or not, it just might work with this jackass.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
There is no way someone can hold someone's property as ransom when the bill has been paid... I'd take legal action, even if it is just to have a cop show up on his property as well. Scare tactic or not, it just might work with this jackass.
That the genius of this whole thing. If a criminal wants to get into legally stealing people's money, they just need to open a car repair shop. The law automatically sides with the shop owner, not the car owner. What laws are in place to protect the car owner only amount to speeding tickets for the shop owner. But at least with speeding tickets they can get progressively worse to where a person loses their license or has the car impounded. I don't see that happening with the shop owner. I still can't find anyone that would end up with the authority to break the door down and remove the car.

I sent some emails this morning to a few lawyers I found. Doubt I'll hear back from them. It should be an easy win case, but it's not.

Maybe I should reach out to the guys on Pirate. They've ruined a few peoples lives.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
hypothetically of course... but besides ethics, what would prohibit a couple of guys with a pair of bolt cutters from recovering the car in the middle of any random night?

I'd personally love to see this dirt bag call in an already stolen car as stolen from his possession.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Maybe I should reach out to the guys on Pirate. They've ruined a few peoples lives.

I would assume that group has moved on since the Canadians took over just like the rest of us. There are still a few threads I keep updated over there but for the most part it’s a bunch of chest thumping without action compared to 2004-Wenzel era

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I would assume that group has moved on since the Canadians took over just like the rest of us. There are still a few threads I keep updated over there but for the most part it’s a bunch of chest thumping without action compared to 2004-Wenzel era
The good old days.

Coco

Sounds to me like the car has been stolen, there is no evidence of the car at the shop provided to you or the owner. it's been there a full year longer than the promised date. There's taking time to do work but this isn't it.

I was going to say this next. Definitely would classify this as stolen. No one has seen the car in over a year. A stolen car, with a good idea on the location of said car...