My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
No. All the windows have tape/paper over the windows. Including the ones inside the fenced area.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well I saw it yesterday. I hadn't heard anything up till about 5:45. He wasn't taking my calls or returning my texts. So I headed over there to see if I could see anything. As I pulled into the parking lot I saw his buddy packing up his car getting ready to leave. The gate to the back storage area was open so I quickly parked and walked into that area. I was happy about that as being in there he had to deal with me. His buddy was nice enough. We spoke for a few minutes about the car. He said Andy hadn't been feeling well and that he was using the bathroom and would be out in a minute. It looked like he was getting anxious to leave. I wasn't moving. I didn't want to leave the storage area. He called Andy (I think) and they spoke for a minute. He again said Andy would be right out. At that point the heavens opened up and it started to rain. Reluctantly I got back in my truck. As soon as I was outside the gate his buddy locked it, got in his car and drove off. I felt like I had just missed my opportunity. I started to call and text Andy about every 30 seconds to a minutes. After about 20 minutes I was about to leave when he sends a text saying he'll be out in a minute. About 10 minutes later he came out. I turned on my Gopro and followed him in the shop. I had the gopro on the entire time I was in there. I filmed everything. He wasn't too happy about it. I didn't even say much while I was in there. Just walked around the car, letting him do all the talking. I hope that he was pulling the seats and door panels off in that half hour. I know he has done stuff like that before.
he doesn't like his customers seeing product before the whole thing is done.

The last time we saw the car was March 23, 2019. Since then, he has finish installed the center console, installed the rear speakers, carpeted the area behind the seats, and finish installed the trunk headliner and a battery kill switch. I estimate that stuff would have taken a day or two to complete.
He still needs to install the seats, wire up the power points he installed in the center console, install both door panels, install the roll bar cover/pad, finish wiring the door lights he installed, install the trunk wall panels, finish install the front bumper.

Once again, he told me the car would be done and ready tomorrow (that's today). I looked right at him and said no it won't. There is way too much to do for him to finish it in one day. He said it's all done, just needs to be "snapped in". I figure it takes him roughly a month to do what most people do in a day or two. Not sure why that is. Hopefully he has it out to prove me wrong. I'll reach out to him at 6pm tonight, but I'm not expecting anything. Well, just another excuse.

Once again, the work looks great. I didn't see anything I didn't like. Now is it double the quote nice? Not yet. Seats and door panels better be gold stitched. At least we now know it is still in the shop.

Coco

I am glad you got to see the car! I hope you put some good pressure on him that it is getting ridiculous and you are expecting the car this month!

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Today also can and went with no car. I sent him a text around 5 asking if we were still good for 6pm. Around 530 he responds by telling me he had to remove the headliner for the trunk lid because it was messed up. So that cost him a day to rebuild it. That surprised me. I was looking at it yesterday I’m the car. It looked great and is easily the coolest work he’s done on it. So I called him. I was sitting in my truck with the speaker phone on and the GoPro going to record the conversation. He was not happy. He said every time I show up at the shop something goes wrong. Like it was my fault. I asked him if he thinks I did something and he said no. More like I’m just bad luck to him. Sorry. So we got put back another day. Maybe tomorrow if he gets his act together. Personally I think it was all bs. I think the liner was fine and he just spend the day high as a kite. I don’t know how else to explain him.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have thought about that. He'd just laugh at me. I'm sure I have at least 100 hours in the last 15 months dealing with him. My shop rate is $45/hr. Add to that the money I feel he owes me for the money I spent getting ready for Autorama and the battery I purchased because he fried the one in the car, I'd take all of the $5k he is demanding from us now. That also doesn't count the money I feel he owes John for his wasted trip up here for Autorama = $2k.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
After this mess there's no way I'd take a build further than 15 minutes away from my house. Imagine how much worse this would be for John, who is in PHX, if I wasn't here to check on the car. It's hard enough for me to see it. John would be into this 10 times more with plane tickets.