My shop build

R

rockdog

Could probably be fixed with a gutter system, right?

Most building codes won't allow structures to be that close to property lines. I'd be willing to bet his shop is close or at that point.
It's cool if they don't *****. It happens in every neighborhood all the time. And no one say's a word. But if you have neighbors from hell, like I had when I lived in AF. It would be down the next day.:ugh:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SL County is 1' from the property line with out a variance, and I beleive that is the footing, so technically the roof line can be flush with the fence line so long as water is retained?

Erik d_lux

Erik, you must have very easy going neighbors. The carport roof will drain off in their yard it looks like in the pics. If they wanted to *****, they could make you tear it down. :eek: I love your shop. I'm way jealous. I have a pole building in my back yard about the same size I built. But its an ag building that's open on the front and has slag for floors. It's a good way to build a metal building in my opinion.
My neighborhood and neighbor directly next to me are fantastic. Couldn't ask for more.

When I was pouring my concrete my neighbor next to me told me that I should have just torn up her yard so I could have more space and then continued to tell me that I can do whatever I want with her yard that is next to mine.

The carport is 12' wide and I am going to cut the metal for the roof 10' so it drops all the snow on my side of the fence.

Erik d_lux

Most building codes won't allow structures to be that close to property lines. I'd be willing to bet his shop is close or at that point.
It's cool if they don't *****. It happens in every neighborhood all the time. And no one say's a word. But if you have neighbors from hell, like I had when I lived in AF. It would be down the next day.:ugh:
Yep. Code says 1' from the property line and then you have to only be 6' high and then can only go 1' taller for every foot you go towards the middle of your yard.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Roof is 15'. Code only allows that your peak be as high as the highest point of your principal residence. My shop takes up about the same foot print as my house :D

Nice, I'm going to push for 20', in my area you can do up to 14' with just a 1' setback, for every additional foot up to 20' you have to set back 1' additional. So I can be 20' tall max, but I'll have to be 7' off the property line. I may split the difference?

Erik d_lux

Nice, I'm going to push for 20', in my area you can do up to 14' with just a 1' setback, for every additional foot up to 20' you have to set back 1' additional. So I can be 20' tall max, but I'll have to be 7' off the property line. I may split the difference?
20' would be cool. You plan on a loft or just to have the space? I dont use my 14' as much as I thought or maybe I just over look it since I am not running things into the ceiling? LOL

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
20' would be cool. You plan on a loft or just to have the space? I dont use my 14' as much as I thought or maybe I just over look it since I am not running things into the ceiling? LOL

I'd like to eventually get a lift and 14' seems about the minimum needed there? More than that I want to put pallet racking down two sides of the shop, add a forklift and you get a ton of storage. 20` at the peak will give me ~19' inside and 15' at the walls.