No more state safety inspection in utah

Coco

Can you ask him where he gets his alignments done?
...To avoid that shop, right?

It is pretty sad soooo many people need this type of hand holding. Even then, working at a tire/repair shop, it is still amazing to see how many unsafe vehicles come through, but the owners still do not care to fix them.

Coco

Not to raise this from the dead, or start a new argument, but this fine specimen is a perfect example of why safeties would be a good thing to come back. Came in for a registration renewal (which is now just an emissions) if the safety was still a thing, this would fail, and he wouldn't be able to renewal until it was fixed.

I like not having required safety inspections for the record - all my vehicles are safe, and I wont jeopardize my family, and anyone else's safety I share the road with. However when you see vehicle like this on the road, that's when I get nervous. I wish there was a way for repeat offenders or cars that are obvious safety hazards to be flagged for mandatory safety inspections so the rest of us wouldn't have to suffer.

The taped up hole in the windshield, the missing front end, the (whats left of) the mirrors taped up, and who knows what else.

But hey, it passed emissions so he is off and legal for another year! :rolleyes:

IMG-5088.jpgIMG-5089.jpg