Now that we know what you tow with, Let's see some pictures

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Luckily, I caught mine starting to leak before going on a long trip. Funny, the friend that would have most likely come to trailer my rig would have used his 1ton Dodge. Hmmm, I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here... :eek:

Bart

Luckily, I caught mine starting to leak before going on a long trip. Funny, the friend that would have most likely come to trailer my rig would have used his 1ton Dodge. Hmmm, I'm seeing a disturbing pattern here... :eek:

I would have come and got you. That way it'd be a Ferd pulling a Ferd. :D

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I would have come and got you. That way it'd be a Ferd pulling a Ferd. :D

Thats good to hear. However, my truck is invincible!!! You hear me, INVINCIBLE!!! Bwahahahahaaaaaa!

BTW, what was it that happened to your truck a while back when Gillette (I think) had to fix it? Should I be concerned? It sounded kinda scary if I remember right...

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Same one, but it got some lovin' from Dave @ Painter Dave's Customs in the form of body work to the bed and the painted lower section. If you remeber, the bed had some bad scratches when I bought it and the wife introduced one of the bedsides to Olly's fence. -_- Also, the rockers had alot of small rock chips from gravel roads and such, so the most cost effective way of dealing with those was to "two-tone" it.

Yep, I remember those little problems ;) Looks like it turned out pretty nice.

james t

theoldgreenandsilverto6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]heres mine twenties and all i know bling bling beotches

Bart

BTW, what was it that happened to your truck a while back when Gillette (I think) had to fix it? Should I be concerned? It sounded kinda scary if I remember right...

There are cups of some kind under the injectors in the heads. I had one of those come loose. It was putting fuel straight into the coolant when it had any pressure on it all. I had to have both heads redone at Fleet Services. It wasn't pretty.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
That's a SUPER sweet rig! How's that thing tow? I looked at one of those in Layton, but there's no way I could justify that at this point in my life. I LOVE the idea, though.

Well, there's this thing called a hitch, and it sort of.... oh, well... you'd better just take a look at one. :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Well, there's this thing called a hitch, and it sort of.... oh, well... you'd better just take a look at one. :)

Listen here Easterner......we don't take kindly to you folk pickin on our languige. In eastern speak, you'd say something like "My, that's a lovely RV. What's it's listed towing capacity and does it tow at the limit well? Does it ride well enough that "Bunnie" won't fall while getting me a fresh glass of wine to have with my oysters on the half shell while driving? If it's not IFS and IRS, though, I doubt it would ride like my Lexus that I drive to the Hamptons on the weekends."

:D

Nutz

It should work!
That's a SUPER sweet rig! How's that thing tow? I looked at one of those in Layton, but there's no way I could justify that at this point in my life. I LOVE the idea, though.

Justify...oh, I forgot to justify this thing...probably because there's no way to:D Spousal unit wanted it and who was I to say no;) When I first saw the Kodiak I thought they would make a great 'C' chassis...for me it works great...a lot more towing capacity than a typical E450 'C' but not nearly the cost of a pusher...better layout for kids too. Tows great; however, I've never towed anything much larger than my TJ with it. Last year I flat towed the TJ about 7k miles without any problems. I also tow a 14' trailer with (4) ATV's, once again no problems. Hitching is a breeze with the back-up camera...I pointed it down a little so I can see the hitch ball. Mileage is ok but not exactly what I had hoped for...about 9mpg (diesel) with the TJ...on the freeway I typically tow about 72mph. Considering that the TJ only gets about 16mpg on its own, 9 doesn't seem that bad for the combo. Power wise it's good and plenty adequate but it does slow down on hills. With TJ in tow on a hill like Scipio South bound, speed will drop just under 60mph not bad but not like my previous truck/5th wheel combo. Engines in the Kodiak's are de-rated compared to the pickups...probably something to do with fleet trucks that get driven flat-footed all the time and life expectancy. The Kodiak doesn't seem to have much in common with the pickups...look under the hood or at chassis components and it's BIG compared to a 1-ton.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Justify...oh, I forgot to justify this thing...probably because there's no way to:D Spousal unit wanted it and who was I to say no;) When I first saw the Kodiak I thought they would make a great 'C' chassis...for me it works great...a lot more towing capacity than a typical E450 'C' but not nearly the cost of a pusher...better layout for kids too. Tows great; however, I've never towed anything much larger than my TJ with it. Last year I flat towed the TJ about 7k miles without any problems. I also tow a 14' trailer with (4) ATV's, once again no problems. Hitching is a breeze with the back-up camera...I pointed it down a little so I can see the hitch ball. Mileage is ok but not exactly what I had hoped for...about 9mpg (diesel) with the TJ...on the freeway I typically tow about 72mph. Considering that the TJ only gets about 16mpg on its own, 9 doesn't seem that bad for the combo. Power wise it's good and plenty adequate but it does slow down on hills. With TJ in tow on a hill like Scipio South bound, speed will drop just under 60mph not bad but not like my previous truck/5th wheel combo. Engines in the Kodiak's are de-rated compared to the pickups...probably something to do with fleet trucks that get driven flat-footed all the time and life expectancy. The Kodiak doesn't seem to have much in common with the pickups...look under the hood or at chassis components and it's BIG compared to a 1-ton.

The Kodiak I looked at (a Dutchman, I beleive) had an inline motor. It still said Duramax though. I LOVED the layout of the rig. It seemed like it could work for you for a LONG time. (kids, no kids, whatever) Something like that would just KILL my investment income, though. My neighbor has a later model class C with a V10 I've been seriously considering. It wouldn't tow super well, but it would tow. I could then buy a Corrolla or something equally exciting for a daily driver.