NPLD at 5 Mile Pass

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
National Public Lands Day at 5 Mile Pass cleanup with Rocky Mountain Extreme!

Date: Saturday, Sept. 29th, 2012

Meeting Location: Main parking area of 5 Mile Pass, North of the road.

Starting Time: 9 AM

Cleanup time frame: Should be done by 1 to 2 PM.

The BLM will provide us with a large dumpster, we will need to locate and cleanup trash in the area.

We need 30-40 people and 10+ vehicles for hauling garbage! If you have a utility trailer you can bring, please do so! Wear pants, boots and bring some work gloves! I'd also recommend packing a lunch, snacks & water/drinks. We need volunteers to get this done!! Please come join us, give back a few hours of your time & help make the areas we all love better for everyone to enjoy!

Those that are interested in bring their rigs are encouraged to, there will be plenty of time for a trail run up Rattlesnake and Constrictor afterward if you're up for it.

Google Map of the meeting location - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...l=40.232167,-112.179251&spn=0.005553,0.011362

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Is this the same parking area where folks meet for the Snakes area? We should be up for this and can bring a trailer, could be perfect weather. Should I bring the Camp Chef for burgers and such?

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I should be able to bring a trailer as well. I will also try to get some people from work who ride dirt bikes out there to come along.

Greg

Admin
We're going to need a lot more help than just a few people! NPLD is coming up fast, who else is planning on making the Cleanup at 5 Mile Pass?

TROKITA

i would want to go but the 29th is the AF event and im already planning on going "/ if its possible if it could be changed to a different day

Greg

Admin
i would want to go but the 29th is the AF event and im already planning on going "/ if its possible if it could be changed to a different day

NPLD is scheduled one day a year, at the end of September. Both the AF Canyon event and the 5 Mile Pass cleanup are NPLD projects, therefore we cannot change the day.

Israel

I plan on being there.

The Intermountain Chapter of NAXJA is going to buddy up with RME on this, so hopefully we get a few of them along as well.

I'm very interested in a run up the snakes afterwards, if we have time. :)

Greg

Admin
This is 2 weeks from today! Who else is going to help out for a half-day and clean up 5 Mile Pass? We usually have 30+ people, but I'm not seeing that many respond yet. Come on out, it feels good to give back and do something positive for an area that really needs help.

skmohanty

Hey Looks like you need more people for this event. The AF event seems to have a ton of people. Count me in for this. I will try and bring at least another body.

richpblaze

Saw that post won't know until monday if Rotary will sponsor I will be doing the cooking. I will be in need of a few items one Camp chef stove who has one we can use?????? and a griddle????. I volunteered without thinking and realizing I no longer can find my stove of griddle HMMMMMM who did I loan those to???