Obama is way ahead...

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I'll trade us getting out of the war in Iraq, for driving around in my 4x4 on goverment land any day.

paid to wheel in the past, money in hand for the future

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'll trade us getting out of the war in Iraq, for driving around in my 4x4 on goverment land any day.

Why can't we finish up in Iraq and still have access to public land?

Dems in the senate will love hearing from well-funded East coast SUWA reps who want to 'save' the millions of acres in So. Utah. Can they lock us out?

images

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

What? I love the BLM and FS land. I'm not too thrilled about going to ONLY parks. (although some sound kinda cool) There are other reasons to wheel rather than just to wheel. A challenging journey with something cool at the end is perfect (arch, pictographs, funky rock formation, cool view, whatever)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
No, I like that he is well spoken and has the ability to create excitement. I just wish he was experienced and had proper ideals and policies.

Well, apparently so did enough other people. The Stuffed Shirt won. Swell.

Get ready for the passing of the Red Rock Wilderness Act :sick:

Yeah, no kidding. Right now, I have horrible visions of the Southern Utah National Monument, open to no one. :(

I really hope you're kidding about that.

GOAT

Back from the beyond

Yeah, no kidding. Right now, I have horrible visions of the Southern Utah National Monument, open to no one. :(

I really hope you're kidding about that.

not in the least

Paul R

I DID NOT vote for Obama! I am just saying I often found myself wishing he was a republican with different policies that would actually be good for the nation. I am frankly terrified of what the next 4 years will be like!

U

unltd1

get ready for all our jobs to be shipped out of the country, because our employers wont be willing to pay the higher taxes your new president is suggesting.

Ahem ahem ahem......most corporations pay NO federal income tax....

The GAO (General Accounting Office) examined millions of tax returns from 1996 through 2000, the economic boom years. They found that 61 percent of US-based corporations paid no income tax. For foreign-controlled corporations that operate in the US, 71 percent didn't pay.

Most of the corporations that actually DO owe taxes pay a rate of less than 5 percent, even though the base rate for corporation entities is 35 percent.

To make sure these numbers weren't due to small businesses that broke even or went belly-up, the bean counters looked at stats for large corporations only. In this category, 82 percent of US-controlled companies and 76 percent of foreign-controlled companies paid less than 5 percent in taxes.

This failure to pay their fair share is killing the government's bottom line. The Wall Street Journal reports:

"Corporate tax receipts have shrunk markedly as a share of overall revenue in recent years, and were particularly depressed when the economy soured. By 2003, they had fallen to just 7.4% of overall federal receipts, the lowest rate since 1983, and the second-lowest rate since 1934, federal budget officials say".

So, WHYJAY, please........help me understand what "higher taxes" you're referring to.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I DID NOT vote for Obama! I am just saying I often found myself wishing he was a republican with different policies that would actually be good for the nation. I am frankly terrified of what the next 4 years will be like!

I hear what you're saying. If McCain had an ounce of charisma in him he may have won this thing. It really makes me wish Mitt Romney had won the nomination. He has his head on straight and the charisma to be an inspirational leader.

I really wished I could simply cast a vote against and candidate rather than for a candidate.