Operation Chuggy Jr is a go!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Since my roll last weekend, Im going to tube out whats left of the XJ.

Heres where I started today, Im going to get the steel tomorrow to start the tube work.

1111969649_dscf0521.jpg

1111969750_dscf0522.jpg

1111969811_dscf0523.jpg

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Coming off the waterfall on Poison spider. its in the trip reports under Klif's post. I went too far left when I should have stayed right. oops, live and learn sometimes.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
It seems like it wouldn't be much more work to just build your own chassis (or buy one from one of the local shops), and toss your drivetrain in that. The ed result would prolyl be quite a bit better, too. Either way, keep us updated on your progress. :)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
(or buy one from one of the local shops)

anyone you'd recommend? :rofl:

kidding aside, That's not a bad idea, depending on how much it's gonna cost to tube up the carcass. On the other hand, the XJ remains are already wired and plumbed. That's a big plus.

On the third hand many of us were born without, the wind is blowing about 400mph here right now, and neither of those virtual rigs have roofs. :eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Tacoma said:
anyone you'd recommend? :rofl:

kidding aside, That's not a bad idea, depending on how much it's gonna cost to tube up the carcass. On the other hand, the XJ remains are already wired and plumbed. That's a big plus.

On the third hand many of us were born without, the wind is blowing about 400mph here right now, and neither of those virtual rigs have roofs. :eek:

Well, I do know one shop that has a couple chassis in stock already built just waiting for a good home...

Who says a buggy can't have a roof? Mine does. :)

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I liked the idea of keeping a little Jeep in it, when I completely trash this base and Im ready to go 1t Ill start with the next step. For now, im lazy and I want to get it back on the trail.

Im going to pick up my 60' of 1.25 Sched 40 today to start the pipe work. Depending on how much I get done, and if Bud will break away to come make sure Im on track, Ill have some picks this afternoon.

Bud

'98 ZJ
spencurai said:
I thought a chuggy was being made...are you guys plumbing a house or something?

Why poo pipe??

It's cheaper, can use in cheap benders, affordable to mild men....and I suggested it for his poor Air Force budget. They have about 3/16" wall and hold up well. I've tested plenty of rollcages with this material and know it'll hold. One guy multi-rolled his many years back going about 70 mph and had a small dent in top front corner....it'll be more than fine

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Bud said:
It's cheaper, can use in cheap benders, affordable to mild men....and I suggested it for his poor Air Force budget. They have about 3/16" wall and hold up well. I've tested plenty of rollcages with this material and know it'll hold. One guy multi-rolled his many years back going about 70 mph and had a small dent in top front corner....it'll be more than fine

Yes, but doesn't poo pipe smell like, well, poo?? :confused: :rofl: :eek: KENNETH !!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Bud said:

(shakes head) when will people learn.....??

The poo pipe has its place, but whatever..... :ugh:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
seriously... pipe? :rolleyes:
spend a few bucks and get some tube
rolled my junk this weekend and i don't regret the extra money i spent on dom