Operation Chuggy Jr is a go!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
1.25 is the ID of pipe. It should be just a bit larger than 1.5" OD. Poo pipe is cast or PVC. I am guessing Badcop is using ASTM 53 steel pipe, the same stuff that 1/4 elliptic has on his Toy that never, EVER gets rolled. ;)

Brian. Hack that tail end off. Build a wishbone/one-link with a panhard and use some stock XJ coils. :cool:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hickey said:
1.25 is the ID of pipe. It should be just a bit larger than 1.5" OD. Poo pipe is cast or PVC. I am guessing Badcop is using ASTM 53 steel pipe, the same stuff that 1/4 elliptic has on his Toy that never, EVER gets rolled. ;)

Brian. Hack that tail end off. Build a wishbone/one-link with a panhard and use some stock XJ coils. :cool:
so....

grinch

inner city redneck
Hickey said:

It will work but one of the bonuses of building a truggy or buggy or whatever your calling them these days is weight reduction. You will not be loosing weight. Especially with sch 40. Its Heavy stuff.
Go DOM you won’t regret it in the long run.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Hickey said:
1.25 is the ID of pipe. It should be just a bit larger than 1.5" OD. Poo pipe is cast or PVC. I am guessing Badcop is using ASTM 53 steel pipe, the same stuff that 1/4 elliptic has on his Toy that never, EVER gets rolled. ;) It Is!!

LMAO, thanks for the input, I used exactly what Bud told me to go buy, it is the 1.5" diameter x 3/16+ wall.

Now if I hadnt just baught all this neat suspension stuff to make it ride nice on the road, I would.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Heres the latest:

1112062933_dscf0524.jpg

Bud

'98 ZJ
Badcop said:
LMAO, thanks for the input, I used exactly what Bud told me to go buy, it is the 1.5" diameter x 3/16+ wall.

Now if I hadnt just baught all this neat suspension stuff to make it ride nice on the road, I would.
You got what you did cause you don't have a bender for DOM stuff and had one available for pipe. Unless you're buying chromoly steel, your DOM stuff has really the same strength as pipe....just has a seam inside of it instead of DOMs seamless quality....enough

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Bud said:
You got what you did cause you don't have a bender for DOM stuff and had one available for pipe. Unless you're buying chromoly steel, your DOM stuff has really the same strength as pipe....just has a seam inside of it instead of DOMs seamless quality....enough

ummm no. Sorry.....but no!

DOM has significant advantages over pipe the most important of which is that whole DOM thing...

Drop a stick of HREW in the bender....then stick a piece of DOM in a bender....That DOM is going to require significantly more effort to bend(yes I have done it)...that in and of itself is why they ARE NOT the same strength.

You can get away with less metal, and more strength when you use DOM which equates to a lighter rig with a steel that is less apt to fail in a roll-over. Now I am not saying a poo-pipe cage is going to fail every time but a DOM cage of the same given design will outperform EVERY time all other things being equal.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
judging by the drawing and material you are using, that thing is going to be in the same weight class as a fullsize. sorry, but not cool at all imo

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
ummm no. Sorry.....but no!

DOM has significant advantages over pipe the most important of which is that whole DOM thing...

Drop a stick of HREW in the bender....then stick a piece of DOM in a bender....That DOM is going to require significantly more effort to bend(yes I have done it)...that in and of itself is why they ARE NOT the same strength.
Cheesus Spence, get over the poo-pipe thing already. Have you ever bent sch. 40 in a JD2?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Hickey said:
Cheesus Spence, get over the poo-pipe thing already. Have you ever bent sch. 40 in a JD2?

I understand the point your are trying to make....and yes it doesn't bend well because it is frickin half an inch thick!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
spencurai said:
I understand the point your are trying to make....and yes it doesn't bend well because it is frickin half an inch thick!!
Wow, HALF INCH???!?!?!?!!!ONE!!!? You must think your penis is a foot long then! :rofl:

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
spencurai said:
wow...what...a zinger.... :eek:

It's time to step back and look at this one.....I think Hickey is having 'non-wheeler withdrawl' He hasn't wheeled in how long and yet he's the resident expert on everything.... ;)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
BBowski82 said:
It's time to step back and look at this one.....I think Hickey is having 'non-wheeler withdrawl' He hasn't wheeled in how long and yet he's the resident expert on everything.... ;)
BS!!!!

He web wheels almost every day.