planning noob run part 2

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So long as they sign up ahead of time, they won't get turned back. If/when we approach the 20 number we can make adjustments to accommodate more.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
All right, here is the format:

Friday:
7:00-10:00: Set camp, Tread Lightly (Tacoma) and Intro to 4x4 Opportunities in Utah (Kurt)
Saturday:
8:00-9:30: Recovery/Safety (Kurt). Equipment Basics/Intro (Steve), Trail Etiquette (Stephen)
9:30-9:45: Spotting/Driving Intro (Bart, Marc, Scott)
9:45-12:00: On course driving, spotting, practice.
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00: Depart for home or optional trail ride

Steve, Stephen, Bart, Marc & Scott... You guys all good to go for Saturday?

Anyone have a portable firepit (i.e backyard firepit type deal) that they can bring out Friday night? Firewood?

How about the projector, Marc are we still good to go there? I'll bring my presentations on PP. We have power there at the park.

Tacoma, I know your reading this... you going to be able to help out with the Tread Lightly class on Friday evening?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Steve, Stephen, Bart, Marc & Scott... You guys all good to go for Saturday?

Yes, I'll have my two favorite assistants with me as well. One thinks he's driving my "Jeep" but we'll have to see how that works out. Both of them can learn but neither need to drive.

....How about the projector, Marc are we still good to go there? I'll bring my presentations on PP. We have power there at the park......

...in my calendar to remember to pack it. Do we have a laptop? (not that there won't be 20-30 or so there?)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't have a laptop with PP on it so mine is a no go... Anyone have one they can dedicate for use in the presentations?

I'll have one there. No problem. I've got PP 2007 on this machine. I've not used Office 2010 much at all. I don't know that you need to save "down" for 2007, but thought I'd put it out there.

What are we projecting against?

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm pretty much good to go. I've got some handouts I need to get printed and I'm good.
Will there be a white board out there that I can use? If not, I have one I can bring, I'd just need something to hang it from or lean it against.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Marc, the background of the tent we will be under is white but I don't know that it will work for a PPT in the daytime? Does anyone have access to a screen?

Stephen, can you plan to bring it? That would likely be very beneficial for all presenters!

sixstringsteve

I've got PP 2007 on this machine. I've not used Office 2010 much at all. I don't know that you need to save "down" for 2007, but thought I'd put it out there.

office 2010 will read office 2007 files just fine. I have 2010 on my machine, and it'll handle all versions of ppt (.ppt and .pptx).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah, I can bring the white board.
What about the RR projector screen? Or does Steve J have that in Texas?
I'll also bring some wood. Anything else we need?

I don't have the screen, I'm assuming SJ has it stored with the projector and such. Screens are cheap at the DI, if we can't track one down I'll buzz down to the DI and look. They won't have one cause we need it :D