Preferred Fencing Company Utah County

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Any suggestions on a fencing company in Utah County? More specifically Northern Utah County. I am located In Eagle Mountain close to Saratoga Springs.

I'm hoping to be able to get my yard mostly finished this summer and The fence is the most expensive thing on the list and I need to figure out what my price will be. So I'd like to get someone out here to give me a quote.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My sister lived out in Eagle Mountain, are you restricted to a certain type of fence? My sister lived out there and when she did hers it had to be a certain height and color so it kind of restricted what she could do.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
My sister lived out in Eagle Mountain, are you restricted to a certain type of fence? My sister lived out there and when she did hers it had to be a certain height and color so it kind of restricted what she could do.
The city requires it to be a white vinyl fence. That's pretty much all the requirement says.

Tebbsjeep

My last quote from best vinyl for 170ft of 6ft fence with a drive gate and a man gate, and then 110ft of 3ft fence, was just over 13k. I have no idea where that falls in the industry price wise.

str8axleguy

I’m up on the north wasatch front and do vinyl fence on the side. Typical price up here is around $30 a foot for 6 foot privacy in white. Most contractors I’ve talked with charge about 80-100 a foot for gates installed. I try to bid cheaper than both these numbers as it’s side work for me. I could come get you a bid if you’d like. Also as info, there are different grades of vinyl fencing available so be leery of bids that are significantly cheaper than 30 a foot.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I’m up on the north wasatch front and do vinyl fence on the side. Typical price up here is around $30 a foot for 6 foot privacy in white. Most contractors I’ve talked with charge about 80-100 a foot for gates installed. I try to bid cheaper than both these numbers as it’s side work for me. I could come get you a bid if you’d like. Also as info, there are different grades of vinyl fencing available so be leery of bids that are significantly cheaper than 30 a foot.
I wouldn't want to bother you with driving all the way down from the great white north!

I need about 120' of fence (2 60' stretches) and then a small man gate and then a large 13'(ish) single or split gate for the side drive.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
@SoopaHick are you installing it or are you wanting someone else to do it?

I had to get something very specific for my neighborhood (tan vinyl with grain pattern built into it, also the most expensive vinyl fence sold...) and Best Vinyl in Springville was the only place that stocked it. Everyone else I called was getting it from them. I worked at a vinyl fence warehouse in my early 20's and had installed it before so I was only buying the material. I've been real happy with the material except for the one "Work Screw Up" incident. But I can hardly blame that on the company I bought the material from.

str8axleguy

I wouldn't want to bother you with driving all the way down from the great white north!

I need about 120' of fence (2 60' stretches) and then a small man gate and then a large 13'(ish) single or split gate for the side drive.
I’m bidding out a couple other jobs next week, I’ll get you some prices and info on what you’re needing. It’s super easy to put up, hardest part is getting the posts in the exact right spot, oh and digging that part sucks!

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
@SoopaHick are you installing it or are you wanting someone else to do it?

I had to get something very specific for my neighborhood (tan vinyl with grain pattern built into it, also the most expensive vinyl fence sold...) and Best Vinyl in Springville was the only place that stocked it. Everyone else I called was getting it from them. I worked at a vinyl fence warehouse in my early 20's and had installed it before so I was only buying the material. I've been real happy with the material except for the one "Work Screw Up" incident. But I can hardly blame that on the company I bought the material from.
I would like to save the money and do it myself, but my ground is awful to dig and would require a lot of effort without power equipment and the know how to keep everything straight.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Any suggestions on a fencing company in Utah County? More specifically Northern Utah County. I am located In Eagle Mountain close to Saratoga Springs.

I'm hoping to be able to get my yard mostly finished this summer and The fence is the most expensive thing on the list and I need to figure out what my price will be. So I'd like to get someone out here to give me a quote.

I don’t have a person for you, but around 1/2 the cost of fencing is the labor. You are a capable guy, so you could save quite a bit with a little muscle and sweat.

but also @rholbrook has a good fence guy in Lehi. But I forget the name

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
You can rent a post hole digger to help with the holes. There are two man "X" type ones and another that is towable and has two wheels that pivot down with the bit. You want the towable one, especially if you have rocks. The X style will feel like you're getting hit by a dump truck when you find those bigger rocks.

Its really not that difficult to set the posts. Run a string line where you want the fence. Mark the hole spot based on what the fence people tell you, then dig the hole. The fence places deal with DIY-ers and will explain the process to you as well. I have no doubt that you can get this installed and looking good, just based on your welding and attention to detail there.

I always set the posts in dry cement mix. With this you put the post in the hole more or less where it needs to be, fill the hole with dry mix, make the adjustments so the post is square and at the right height, then water them in.

My one neighbor had a skid steer with a post hole bit we used for my one side and then the line on the other side of my neighbors house. I did my north property line later and dug it all by hand using a post hole digger and a long pry bar. I found a boulder the size of a city garbage can right where my post needed to go. I dug and dug and dug until I gave up and had my neighbor come pull it out with his machine. The rest of the holes went without much trouble. Had I spent the money on a rental I could have dug them in a couple hours. The neighbor on that side is an older guy so I didn't ask him to help other than to split the cost of material.

See if you can get your neighbors to help with the labor. Or if they aren't willing to do that have them rent the machine to dig the holes.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
So after seeing this thread I sent a message to Best Vinyl from their website to see what they are charging per foot of my material to do a 4' tall by about 20' return to hide my garbage cans and some other stuff. A salesman just called saying the supplier stopped making my fence so its not an option. Bummer.

I wouldn't feel bad about asking for someone to come out and give a quote. If they have any brains they will schedule several stops out by you to hit in the same trip.

To also save some $$ you should look into welding up your own gate frame. I bet there is a youtube video showing how its done. Instead of a 5x5 post for the gates they use a 2.5x1.5 (its been a while so these numbers might be wrong) for the sides and the normal fence rails for the top and bottom.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So after seeing this thread I sent a message to Best Vinyl from their website to see what they are charging per foot of my material to do a 4' tall by about 20' return to hide my garbage cans and some other stuff. A salesman just called saying the supplier stopped making my fence so its not an option. Bummer.

I wouldn't feel bad about asking for someone to come out and give a quote. If they have any brains they will schedule several stops out by you to hit in the same trip.

To also save some $$ you should look into welding up your own gate frame. I bet there is a youtube video showing how its done. Instead of a 5x5 post for the gates they use a 2.5x1.5 (its been a while so these numbers might be wrong) for the sides and the normal fence rails for the top and bottom.
I would definitely not use any handheld auger on a post hole in @SoopaHick backyard. I’ve never seen such a high quantity/density of rocks with clay in a yard before. My little backhoe had a very hard time scratching into it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
This is what he'd want to get then for sure.

You could also call around to see what it would cost to have someone come out and dig the holes only. Back in the day there was a guy with a tractor with a hydraulic auger attachment that would come and dig trenches for sprinkler lines and holes for fences. I only remember him because he was a REALLY big guy and he made the tractor look small. He also had a sticker on his SUV that said "my wife things my tractor is sexy" that we'd laugh about.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is what he'd want to get then for sure.

You could also call around to see what it would cost to have someone come out and dig the holes only. Back in the day there was a guy with a tractor with a hydraulic auger attachment that would come and dig trenches for sprinkler lines and holes for fences. I only remember him because he was a REALLY big guy and he made the tractor look small. He also had a sticker on his SUV that said "my wife things my tractor is sexy" that we'd laugh about.
I’m pretty sure I bought my IBC totes from that guy. 😂