project bronco script.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
project bronco rebuild x5

Seem to be getting alot of questions and info about the work I have been doing on the bronco so figured I would start a thread. I pulled the trigger and decided to put the 1tons under the bronco and figured it would be a good chance to show off how big of a bronco nut I am.
Lol First off I sent my gauge cluster to my a buddy of mine to get some work done on it.
http://classychassisrestoration.com/
1000000435.jpg

1000000433.jpg

1000000469.jpg

Next up I sold my wheels&tires&axles and removed the rear axle then cut all the stuff I didn't need off the 1tons and installed the new to me springs (witch turned out to be very stiff) and the 14bolt.
1000000571.jpg

1000000572.jpg

Then I got ahold of some h1's and ordered my pressed centers and he's going to hook me up with some custom rock rings. http://www.cmperformancemachine.com/store/ he's working out the cad right now so we will see how it turns out! i told him i wanted 4 4' bronco script logo's on it. and im going to put a red backing behind them so they stand out.

Last edited:

broncomitch

Next up I removed the front axle and they moved to Texas.
IMG_9551.jpg

Then the fun part of fitting the C wedges to the dana60 started. There made for a dana30/dana44 but you can ether grind them to fit around the axle tube or buy or make spacers. If you have a 78-79 60 it's a easy swap...sadly I didn't and I didn't have duff/cage arms so the swap was a pain. Fist step was to grind the side of the wedges to fit between the housing and inner knuckle. With help from sixb they where knocked out in no time!
1000000599.jpg

They still didn't fit so I cut 3/8" off the housing that was not doing anything anyway and that did the trick.
1000000595.jpg

Some people will go to town and cut at the end of the spring pad but I was sick of fiddling with it and didn't see the point.
1000000598.jpg

1000000610.jpg

1000000612.jpg

broncomitch

Around this time I had code enforcement called on me and I had 3 days to get it on tires again or they will fine me. But the guy was cool and willing to work with me sense he knew I was working on it and waiting on parts. I had ordered some things from ruffstuff witch they where out of stock on so it took a week to get.. but got the track bar in (witch I need to re due for obvious reasons) but it will do for now for it's short trip where it's getting more tube up front and 14" fox air shocks. But I want to run 16" coilovers in the front and the airshocks in the back,so I'm going to fab the shock hoops around 16"coilovers and then put the air shocks up front...or I might just fab it up for the 14"s cus when I put the coil overs in I'll be throwing those crappy arms in the scrap pile and might be running 42's or 44's by then and the extra 2" of lift might be needed.
1000000683.jpg

1000000682.jpg

1000000685.jpg

Last edited:

broncomitch

Well it's back on the ground! How do you like my flipped h1's? Lol The trackbar is 2" from the housing and I need at least 5.5" or shoot in front of the axle but not sure how that will work...I really didn't want to lift the bronco but the 60 housing is huge!! Lol
1000000714.jpg

1000000716.jpg

1000000713.jpg

1000000711.jpg

Huge thanks go's out to! Sixb..not sure where to start listing the things you have helped me out and are going to help me out with! Lol
Chestonscout for the Ubolts and maybe help out bending some tube in the near future?????
Sixstringsteve for letting me use your welder.
86runner for letting me use your welder and driveway Lol
Chevycrew for the gears
that's where i am now and wouldnt be without them! :D

Last edited:

broncomitch

That would be nice.. I'm hoping to have it done in December or early january..I need to get ether a 1350 slip yoke & ujoint or a 1410 for the 14bolt, and calipers for the rear and a ujoint for the front. And I might need to do some front driveline work. But I had some medical stuff come up and I had to use the rest of my budget to help pay for it...so I'm broke.

Last edited:

broncomitch

I got more stuff...offset trackbar bracket,diy knuckle bracing kit,pinyon gard,1410 endyoke,slip yoke&ujoint,

And got the front drive shaft hooked up & my centers showed up but there still working on the rock ring desine.

broncomitch

What's funny is my cv is a 1310 so that is now my weak link lol

Well my parts came in...I'm not happy with the ruffstuff bracket..It's a 1/2 difference at best and the trackbar still shoots above the center section...but I love there pinyon gard.
IMG_7689.jpg

And I bought a 1410 slip yoke off eBay but he sent me a 1350.

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
Seem to be getting alot of questions and info about the work I have been doing on the bronco so figured I would start a thread. I pulled the trigger and decided to put the 1tons under the bronco and figured it would be a good chance to show off how big of a bronco nut I am.
Lol First off I sent my gauge cluster to my a buddy of mine to get some work done on it.
http://classychassisrestoration.com/
1000000435.jpg

1000000433.jpg

1000000469.jpg

Next up I sold my wheels&tires&axles and removed the rear axle then cut all the stuff I didn't need off the 1tons and installed the new to me springs (witch turned out to be very stiff) and the 14bolt.
1000000571.jpg

1000000572.jpg

Then I got ahold of some h1's and ordered my pressed centers and he's going to hook me up with some custom rock rings. http://www.cmperformancemachine.com/store/ he's working out the cad right now so we will see how it turns out! i told him i wanted 4 4' bronco script logo's on it. and im going to put a red backing behind them so they stand out.

Your buddy is THE MASTER! :bow: That dash cluster ROCKS!! :cool: Do you know of an after market suplier of those? Not that I'm looking for a Bronco piece, but that is SOOOO much cooler than the what you find in a CJ dash!

I see that cluster with a minimum of lighting & heating knobs & a column mounted tach as the Uberdash! Clean, functional, retro, & the perfect fit for the Broncos, MBs, CJs, FJs, & all of those old rigs with flat dash-simple as a brick designs:greg:!

broncomitch

Ya he's grate and can do pretty much any mechanical cluster or gauge..
I don't know anyone that sells a hole stock mechanical cluster..they sell complete electronic ones but there spendy.

Last edited:

broncomitch

Not made yet..so I reused the old O rings cus they where still pretty round and soft...I'll put the new ones in whenever he gets around to drawing up the cam and cuts them out..just got sick of waiting.