project bronco script.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
well, worked on the bronco yesterday...I think I fixed the harness..
junked the GM funky fuel pump relay and found it was spliced in with the ing relay and then I found that for some reason I spliced in the switched 12v ing relay wire into the coil wire...so that's why it wouldn't turn off and now my SES light on...

BUT, still running way way rich and not sure if the motor is even timed right...t...he spot where it will run is not the spot where it will start...but I think a lot of the problem is its running so rich at idle that on higher rpm's it just cant burn the fuel and starts missing and banging and backfiring and just wont rev up that high.. thinking I just need to send it off and get fixed....im just at a total loss...

I went through 3 map sensors, (the 3rd one did help a lot with start up's so im guessing its good)

temp sensor seems fine (its new also)
when I un plug it the rpm's jump up but still runs rich and crap so don't think that's the problem..

new o2 sensor, but with how rich its running and how black my plugs are its probably shot by now)

the FPR is on the lowest setting and got a common pump for this swap so don't think that to much fuel pressure is the issue..

the driver side injector seems to spray less the passenger side.. but not 100% sure on that and its so hard to tell, I cant imagine that it would make that big of a difference..

Last edited:

idahoyj

On my YJ, I had a lot of similar issues, and it ended up being the fuel pressure. I didn't have enough pressure, so the injectors were not atomizing the fuel properly. It ran really rich, and didn't have any power. I changed map sensors and temp sensors etc. A friend of mine put a fuel pressure gauge in line before the throttle body and that is how we figured out the problem. I wasted a lot of time and money on misc parts, just because the fuel pump that I bought didn't put out enough pressure.

idahoyj

How do you feel about the Behemoth Drive Train Strong box and the related components. I know yours took FOREVER to get, but he seems to be caught up now. He just told me 7-10 days lead time plus shipping. I'm really considering on of these......
Would you buy one again?

broncomitch

Okay, got the other half of the doubler back from warranty work.

The shifter assembly is a hole new design and way stronger and shifts smooth.* But the old mount for the cable wouldn't work with it..the shift lever was lowered 1.25"..so it hit the mounting bolts and put the cable on a bind.

I chamfered the holes and used flat head screws to fix the one issue. .the other was, with the bracket on there wasn't any room for the pin so I wound up notching a section of the shift lever and had to grind down the head of a bolt.. I have 0.54 of clearance in high range and 0.155 in neutral and low range. Tight but clears :)

20141219_173902_zps04ce1195.jpg

20141220_182110_zpsdf529b9e.jpg

IMG_9182607370133_zps52e0d64f.jpeg

20141223_161318_zps77dc9bd4.jpg

20141223_161343_zpsa6b8c608.jpg

20141223_161402_zps5e931ac8.jpg

Got it all back together and works like a dream.** Now just need to fix the efi issue and should be set.

broncomitch

Why thank you.

Seems to work nicely just driving back and forth in the shop..

Probably going to load it up on the trailer and wash it..the steering line issue left a huge oil mess up front.

broncomitch

Yupp, took it out on its maiden trip..found a few issues I need to dix..really wish I just 4linked the front.
20150322_115225_zpsj6snt902.jpg

208motorsports definitely worked there magic on the bronco and it runs better than ever.
Did find a few issues, the signal wires from the dissy to the ing module where backwards so it was seeing a different wave signal with the timing.
The other is my ing setup sucks...so I need to switch to a points dissy and put the petronix in it and just have the computer just do the fuel cus my timing and the computer don't get along And he did a bunch of tuning and burned me a new prom.
:D
Very happy customer.

broncomitch

Got a new set of 44's that are a bit bigger then my others lol

Well, these are a little bigger then my other 44's lol
20151005_140435_zpslklaa4rc.jpg

I'll need to do some trimming/lift.

Pulled her outside today.
20151008_172941_zpsmwiccfc6.jpg

20151008_172953_zpssnreicwh.jpg

20151008_173023_zps5a6rbdrx.jpg