Project "Full Restoration" 1983 Mitsubishi Turbo Diesel 4x4

spencevans

Overlander
Something about your fan just looks off to me. I think it's on backwards? The curves are going the wrong way to me. As far as I can tell from the video, the fan spins clockwise when looking at it from the front, and yes, as the fan would still be pulling air away from the radiator as it is, the curvature of each blade themselves seem that they should be concave towards the motor, not convex, as they are now.

That at would be achieved by flipping the fan around 180°. However, that's just how my head-logic wraps around it, I may very well be wrong and it is likely put on properly.

Also, I'm surprised to not see a fan shroud.

If I am surely mistaken here, just call me stupid and ignore this post :D

Looking at it I am pretty sure you are right. That should not be a difficult fix. I do have a shroud I plan to put on later.

spencevans

Overlander
I just registered the vehicle and I have an answer to the age old question, does it need to be safety inspected. The answer is no. I drove the vehicle to the DMV and asked for a VIN verification. The lady at the DMV came outside, verified the VIN and then registered the vehicle and gave me new vintage plates. It took all of 5 minutes. Yeah, no safety or emissions BS for a car I rarely drive.

Last edited:

Brad J

A vintage vehicle, as defined in Utah Code 41-21-1, qualifies for an exemption from safety and emission inspections.

I got my Registration Notification in the mail & it did in fact say that Safety & Emissions are not needed. I swear in the past it said Safety needed. This was an easy year to get the sticker. Thank you Kurt.

Love the truck BTW