Project M.U.T.T. Build up

crawler12

OK... Alot has changed with this build and with my situation which is why I haven't posted up in a while. First off I got laid off so the money is really tight right now and next I decided I wasn't happy with the Samurai sheet metal and frame. So now a few things had to change, a friend of mine had some FJ 40 parts he wasn't going to use like the hood, cowl, and grill. And removing the frame section ment I would need to support the chassis, so now I needed to build a chassis table. So this is where I'm at now, I've removed the Samurai sheetmetal and frame, built the chassis table.

044.jpg

043.jpg

073.jpg

crawler12

With the changes to this build I'm basicly going to remove and redo everything below the lower door bars. Here's what I've got so far.

076.jpg

081.jpg

084.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
You still needing stock TJ coils? I have a full set, You can have em! (but not until they are removed from my TJ sometime around the 15th of Dec:rofl: )

crawler12

Not much to update but I started the new lower rails, keep in mind I will be sleeving the lower rails and the lower door bars to strengthen them for the beating they are going to receive. I also raised the belly height 3".

001-6.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-5.jpg

crawler12

Got the front tube work started, pretty happy with it. As for some of the numbers the front edge of the tubing will 8 inches in front of the grill and about 33 1/2" off the ground at ride height with a 24" belly height.

001-2.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-6.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Those seats will paralyze you. I really hope you get something softer..... those hard seats can and do transmit a significant amount of energy to your spine. :eek:

suisuki

Chrome Won't Get ya' home
Those seats will paralyze you. I really hope you get something softer..... those hard seats can and do transmit a significant amount of energy to your spine. :eek:

I'm pretty sure he's planning on doin' some mud boggin' in the south-east and want's to have a rig he can just wash out with a pressure washer hence the plastic seats.

There has also been some talk of padded/heated seat covers for wheelin' around here.

btw Mr 12 what are your plans for your sami leftovers?

crawler12

"btw Mr 12 what are your plans for your sami leftovers?"

For you to come get them and make my house look a little less redneck.