Toyota Project runner up

krany

kranberry
RIP.......Project runner up

Just picked up this Toyota ex cab pickup that has been converted to a 4 runner, so I dubbed it the runnerup.
5:29 gears
5-6" lift
Less than 10k on all drive train
35" tires
4 runner conversion
Power inverter
Rock lights
Cobra cb with dual antenna's.
So far I have not done an extreme amount of work to it, I have a rear bumper in the works right now. I have most of the parts to run dual batteries too
Here are some pics
1b67ca77.jpg

5d827cf7.jpg

She flexes pretty good
039cc296.jpg

619e14ba.jpg

And the start of the bumper. This is the cross member that goes into the frame and has square tube that brings it Down to where I can run rectangle tube out and it be just below the rear bumper.
a9784485.jpg

How it fits in the frame, it will be welded, and gusseted when all done.
bebebc80.jpg

22f622c3.jpg

1ea6b24b.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

They did a clean job on that conversion. Can't wait to see it in person. Congrats on finding a rig after all these months.

krany

kranberry
Very cool! More pics of the cab area where the conversion work was done?
I will get some up later today

Some plans I have for this are
Ruf springs
Hy steer, with ifs box
Matching front bumper, wanna get rid of that smittybuilt one.
Install sliders
Dual cases with 4:7's in rear case
Lockrite rear e locker front.

sixstringsteve

I love the 22r. My old '81 had a 22r, and it felt like it had way more power than any 22re I've owned. Maybe that was just the fact that the firewall had holes in it and it sounded loud...

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Not sure, we will see how it wheels with the carb but a 22re with an auto would rock.
:):) Thats exactly what i was thinking a 22RE with a auto plus the 4.7 gears would be a super sweet crawler, even with out the gears the auto lets you crawl better, let me know if you want anything done on it or help with a engine swap;)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I was just waiting for someone to say that, i would not agree but everyone has there own prefrenece, love my autos for wheeling but i keep the manuels for my cars

I'd have no problem with it offroad, it's on the street where an underpowered engine running through a slushbox would kill me.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
yeah they suck on the street but the way i see it with a rig that is going to wheel alot id rather sacrifice street proformance for off road performance than the other way around

pELYgroso

'Merica
I had my eye on that! I love the conversion!

my 22re w/ auto does pretty decent IMO. I can be at 55-60 by the time I merge onto the freeway and cruise at 65-70mph w/ the AC blasting! ....unless I hit a headwind. AND, w/ the stock t case, I rarely feel the need for lower gearing when wheeling. ('86 'runner w/ 22re, auto, 5.29's running 35's) AND, I still get 19-23mpg's!!

Last edited: