Toyota Project runner up

krany

kranberry
earlyer this month i took a drive up rose canyon, well partially, i went up rose, found that the gate was still closed but i found a side road that went up a ridge just north of rose canyon and followed it to the top, the trail was narrow but yet still used, here is where i ended, right after a steep, long and pretty loose hillclimb that took a couple attempts. it had to have been the hardest i have ever pushed my yota, and without due it held up. maybe its where i cracked my steering arm...i dunno:ugh:
0e63c834.jpg

89e52cf9.jpg

3ee65c0d.jpg

and then yesterday i took a drive up immagration canyon, and down into little dell resivour. not really any dirt road driving but still senic. had the roll bar out because i thought i was gonna pick up a dirt bike that day but things changed. the water was nice and ice cold, and extemely clear.
a702307a.jpg

63be695d.jpg

little dell is pretty full.
e528c371.jpg

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
high steer and crossover steering are the same the only difference from a factory crossover steer and aftermarket high steer is the high steer puts the tierod above the leafs or above the axle tube, normal crossover would be like a stock Dana 60 steering
newsteerfront.jpg
For some dana axles the tierod does not go above the axle tube but rather just the drag link is placed higher like in the pic above
This is a good example of normal crossover steering your stock steering that you broke pushs and pulls front to back, the highsteer pushs and pulls left to right which is why you would not be able to use the J arm as a back up if you go with highsteer

krany

kranberry
okay so either way i will need to convert to an ifs box. i knew i couldnt use the j arm when as a backup for hysteer it will be a back up for the push pull setup till i get hysteer.
time to get crackin on finding parts.

krany

kranberry
this week the yota is going to get a much needed improvement. this smitty built bumper has to go. 3" tube bumpers are a thing of the past. and now its getting a much stronger and a million times better looking rock defense stinger bumper
rdbumper1_1.jpg

and hopefully soon some new shoes, i am thinking 35x12.50r15 km2's

chans

Nice choice on a front bumper. I had to slightly modify mine. Not sure if the original bumper brackets were tweeked or what. What winch are you going to mount? It is a super tight fit with my Warn 9000 so maybe a 8000 would fit better. It pushes my grill back about 1/4".

Last edited:
M

muddyjeep

:eek:Holy Crap! Are you OK?:eek: Man I would sue the hell out of the jackass in the Porsche!!!

krany

kranberry
:eek:Holy Crap! Are you OK?:eek: Man I would sue the hell out of the jackass in the Porsche!!!
other than cut above my eye and some road rash from shiz flying around inside and my knecks a little stiff its all good
we will see how things turned out. the Asian girl driving the porsche.....figures...if things don't all pan out like they should iam gonna go over to britts and talk to her mom since she works for debry and see what my options are

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
we will see how things turned out. the Asian girl driving the porsche.....figures...if things don't all pan out like they should iam gonna go over to britts and talk to her mom since she works for debry and see what my options are

Do it! Thank goodness everyone's ok!

sixstringsteve

I'm glad everyone involved was safe. Make sure you grab your front bumper and your cb before they get it. Even if they have possession of it, see if you can take the bumper off since it's aftermarket and the insurance claims don't typically take that into consideration.

I hate seeing pictures of smashed cars. Reminds me of a bad accident my wife was in. Someone was definitely watching over you, I'm glad you're safe.