Land Rover Project: Sexy Back: Love is in the Eye of the beholder.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I'll just leave this here. I'm about 95% done. Just need to tune the injection pump better and adjust the transmission linkage better.

Here are some sound clips. Enjoy.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/getlost4x4/videos/10154806767990028/[/video]

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I'll just leave this here. I'm about 95% done. Just need to tune the injection pump better and adjust the transmission linkage better.

Here are some sound clips. Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;LV2PpT4cJ5Y]https://youtu.be/LV2PpT4cJ5Y[/video]

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Awesome, congrats!! What do you think about the power of the N/A 6.2? It'll be very interesting to see what kind of MPG you get after a few tanks of diesel.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
The 6.2 is an interesting motor. Pretty good power. Has a great sound from the exhaust. Super easy to work on as well. The mileage seems good. But I'm not sure yet on what I'm getting. Still need to play with the timing and lift pump pressure.

All in all I like it. It's a totally different animal compared to a Cummins. But works great for what I want out of this Range Rover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bart

I pulled a 10,000 lb boat to Powell with a Chev dually sporting that motor. It did pretty well and seemed like a work horse. It's not a 7.3 or a Cummins, but not bad.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I just got done building a new rear driveshaft. I killed the first one I built. This time I used a 2005 Ram Cummins front CV shaft as a starting point. I rebuilt it with new ujoint sat the top. And I just ordered a new one for the axle end. To fit my Range Rover flange.

I also bought a JB Covnersions CV flange for the back of my transfercase. It's already installed.

Then I took a trip down to SLC this afternoon for some 2.25" x .25 wall tubing to build the other side of my shaft.

With everything cleaned up. I measured 10 times and cut once. Then cooked it together.

Here she is. Still need to swap the front u joint when that shows up. And the. Clean and paint it.

ceca75eb99c7ed4391eda31569d9d105.jpg

fc876710ecbd9072ff507d5da537374b.jpg

7b9211cfd6fd74f5c8705133b97e7f24.jpg

Welded up.

8aa807576042faf93a743968ae075fcd.jpg

I also installed my glow plug button a few days ago. Mounted it pretty clean in the dash. Where the old subwoofer control used to be.

30f79666995bae49015816742ab33b13.jpg

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Ok, I finally gave in and ordered a transfercase shifter kit and a transmission shifter kit. This stock stuff, just isn't working. Its always popping out of gear. I don't have the time to screw around with it anymore. I figured $400 worth of parts is better than spending hours trying to figure it out.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Next up? Dana 60's? Front and rear? Maybe, we shall see, I miss having a parking brake. Maybe some portal axles. LOL:greg:

Volvo portals are neat... harder to find than 'Mog's for sure. Or just figure out a way to adapt Hummer portal boxes to your stock axles! :freak:

RogueJeepr

Here!
I have that same shifter for my rat rod. The only thing I dont like is no reverse lockout or back up lights.
I'll be searching the junkyard for something else.
Looks taller in your ride.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
The transmission tunnel sits pretty high in this thing. It helps it have a pretty flat belly. Nothing sits below the frame other than suspension stuff.

The transmission shifter is a little tall, but oh well, lol. I'll live with it as long as I can grab all the gears.

I have that same shifter for my rat rod. The only thing I dont like is no reverse lockout or back up lights.
I'll be searching the junkyard for something else.
Looks taller in your ride.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Ok getting closer. I have all the shifter parts installed. I need to adjust the transfercase cable a bit more. But everything is working pretty good.

This is the transfercase bracket. It's working pretty good.

Just needs some fine adjustments.

47aa55e07f687876e0f5fc8c7538a253.jpg

This is the center console for now. I'm going to rebuild it using some of the stock parts. I just need to go get some fiberglass stuff so I can redo it.

465dbc38e72b07a527b408f145898a8d.jpg

4adaaffc6bd993de261c2d4407dfb78c.jpg