suisuki

Chrome Won't Get ya' home
I sprayed some "Hippo liner" bedliner material in the tub and rear inner fenders, I think it turned out pretty nice. Looks just like Rhino liner or any of the other name-brand liners but only cost me about $100
P1020195.jpg

P1020192.jpg

I got the radiator back in and the cooling system compleatly plumbed including the heater hoses/water valve, and the overflow bottle, cooling fans and thermo switch are installed, power steering is plumbed, vaccum lines are all ran, intake is done except installing the M.A.F. sensor, engine is ready for fuel lines once the bedliner cures and I can put the fuel cell back in....ect. I ordered exhaust tubing today and it showed up so I guess that's next.
P1020199.jpg

suisuki

Well I got the exhaust fininshed, it was really tight arount the rear links at full bump but I managed to make it all fit.
P1020219.jpg

P1020215.jpg

P1020214.jpg

while I still had the shocks deflated I figured I might as well make some bump stops.
P1020228.jpg

P1020231.jpg

got the rear cage back on
P1020226.jpg

plumbed th fuel system
P1020223.jpg

wired the ecu, starter, and alternator and figured I'd pour some gas in it and see if it ran. It does, heres some vid right after I got it running (still no brakes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ma4PTAlMZg

Love the urban Wheeling video...

Nice build... As soon as I get a big nice garage with a lift and all metal working equipment... I'll do a project like this ;)

:D

suisuki

Thanks guys,

Nice work, thats a good update. Funny about the no brakes though

Yeah it was I little tricky at first :eek: but with dual cases and all the gearing options the clutch worked pretty well as a brake.

It has brakes now btw. I'll try to update with some more video Sunday night.

suisuki

Thanks guys, it was really good to get it out

Awesome! How's the power on the road? Lovin the 3RZ? What are your plans for front signals?

I LOVE this motor, The 2.7L 3rz-fe is so sweet I love being able to light up these 40" tires, the old motor couldn't even spin the 33s. At one point I thought that maybe the clutch was slipping untill I realized that it was the tires spinning in 2wd. The power is great on the road really responsive and smooth, on the trail I love being able to lug it right down, It has a ton of low end torq. I also really like the dual cases it's really nice to have a Hi, Mid, and Low range the mid range is perfect for dirt road cruising. I also reeeaaalllly like the twin stick, being spooled in the rear and with a detroit up front it's really nice to be able to just bump a lever and knock the front end in and out as needed to make sharp turns and such. The whole drivetrain package is so sweet and it still sounds like a Zuk.

I can't wait to take it out for some real wheelin'

suisuki

Ya up around the "B" all the way to the top top (8500ft), then down the backside to where the road forks we went right at the fork down "Indian Creek canyon?" to the end of the road and back up. All in all it was 27.5 miles. BTW the gate is still closed to the portion of Skyline Drive that connects over to the Farmington Canyon side.

The bumper and grill are there but the bumper is tweeked in the passenger side

......oh and as far as the front signals go I'm not too concerned about them right now but I was able to find the same led lights I used in the rear in amber, so I'll probably be doing something similar up front

Last edited:

suisuki

Ok, here's some video on rocks I found in a Forest Service operated road-base quarry around 10,000' this weekend in the Manti-La-Sal's. I'll get some real Crawlin' vid this weekend hopefully.